RemedySpot.com

Question for Sheila

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sheila

As you know I am ponering over trying armour, just out of interest when

you changed over to it what dose did you start off on? Did you go

straight over to it from T4 or did you have a break?

I am considering starting on 1 grain as I am on 75mcg of T4 at present,

would that be too high to start on? Should I start lower on half a

grain?

Thank you

I

went straight from taking 125 mcgs levothyroxine on one day to stopping this

fully and starting with half a grain of Armour the next. I stayed on this for 7

days and then increased by another half grain and stayed on that dose for the

next four weeks. I increased every four weeks until I found the dose that made

me well, which at that time was 2 grains, but has since increased over the five

years I have been on Armour to 3 grains, but now 2 1/2 grains since taking the

full dose at night. I also need an extra 25 mcgs levothyroxine daily to give me

the balance of hormones my body requires. Starting at 1 grain might be too

high, remember Armour also has T3, T2, T1 and calcitonin, so let your body get

used to these new goodies slowly.

Luv -

Sheila

thyroid treatment

[mailto:thyroid treatment ] On Behalf Of xxsarahxx_40

Sent: 08 December 2008 17:57

To:

thyroid treatment

Subject:

Question for Sheila

Hi Sheila

As you know I am ponering over trying armour, just out of interest when

you changed over to it what dose did you start off on? Did you go

straight over to it from T4 or did you have a break?

I am considering starting on 1 grain as I am on 75mcg of T4 at present,

would that be too high to start on? Should I start lower on half a

grain?

Thank you

Thanks Sheila

I did think one grain might be a bit much to start with, I will do a quarter twice a day I think for a week like you did and increase after that, I still havent ordered any yet!

The instant T3 might take my body a while to adjust to and I dont want to shock it by taking too much to start with. Is it usual to increase every 4 weeks after the first week?

I went straight from taking 125 mcgs levothyroxine on one day to stopping this fully and starting with half a grain of Armour the next. I stayed on this for 7 days and then increased by another half grain and stayed on that dose for the next four weeks. I increased every four weeks until I found the dose that made me well, which at that time was 2 grains, but has since increased over the five years I have been on Armour to 3 grains, but now 2 1/2 grains since taking the full dose at night. I also need an extra 25 mcgs levothyroxine daily to give me the balance of hormones my body requires. Starting at 1 grain might be too high, remember Armour also has T3, T2, T1 and calcitonin, so let your body get used to these new goodies slowly.

Luv - Sheila

From: thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com [mailto:thyroidpati entadvocacy] On Behalf Of xxsarahxx_40Sent: 08 December 2008 17:57thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) comSubject: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] Question for Sheila

Hi SheilaAs you know I am ponering over trying armour, just out of interest when you changed over to it what dose did you start off on? Did you go straight over to it from T4 or did you have a break?I am considering starting on 1 grain as I am on 75mcg of T4 at present, would that be too high to start on? Should I start lower on half a grain? Thank you

Thanks Sheila

I will do that. I think our American friends tend to do things differently when starting armour or anything else for that matter by what I have been reading, they seem to ramp up doses quite quickly. I will follow the TPA advice and do it the correct way, I am hoping I dont have too many problems as I have been supporing my adrenal with HC now for 3 months, infact nearly 4 months.

Thanks for your help

One more thing if I do armour sublingually do I need to do it on an empty stomach and what time of day is best? I presume morning and then again around 2/3pm?

Hi

[Edit Abbrev Mod]

Hi ,

If it makes you feel easier, I started on armour in the first place before any other thyroid & I started on 1 grain.

Val

I am considering starting on 1 grain as I am on 75mcg of T4 at present, would that be too high to start on? Should I start lower on half a grain?

Thanks Val, I will probably start on half a grain for week and then go up to 1 grain, do you feel the effects pretty quick with armour? I really hope it clears the funny head of mine, if it doesnt I will have to find out what else could be wrong

Hi ,

If it makes you feel easier, I started on armour in the first place before any other thyroid & I started on 1 grain.

Val

I am considering starting on 1 grain as I am on 75mcg of T4 at present, would that be too high to start on? Should I start lower on half a grain?

Hi

However

sufferers choose to dose do in other countries is the way they believe is right.

I know people in the US do tend to take larger doses than people in the UK, but

as I am not medically qualified, and wanting to be absolutely certain that any

recommendations coming from TPA-UK cannot be seen to be a cause of potential harm.

I will continue to err on the side of caution. It really doesn't matter what

works - so long as it does. What does matter is that you take care when

starting to use active hormones - take it easy.

Luv -

Sheila

Thanks Sheila

I will do that. I think our American friends tend to

do things differently when starting armour or anything else for that matter

by what I have been reading, they seem to ramp up doses quite quickly. I will

follow the TPA advice and do it the correct way, I am hoping I dont have too

many problems as I have been supporing my adrenal with HC now for 3 months,

infact nearly 4 months.

Thanks for your help

One more thing if I do

armour sublingually do I need to do it on an empty stomach and what time of

day is best? I presume morning and then again around 2/3pm?

Hi

[Edit Abbrev Mod]

Hi Sheila

I totally agree with your caution and thats the way I will go, cautious until I see how it goes and what effects I have, its the best way. As I am not on a lot of thyroxine right now. 75mcg, it makes sense to start on half a grain of armour, if I started too high I might have problems. I dont think I will suddenly go more hypo but who knows!

Hi

However sufferers choose to dose do in other countries is the way they believe is right. I know people in the US do tend to take larger doses than people in the UK, but as I am not medically qualified, and wanting to be absolutely certain that any recommendations coming from TPA-UK cannot be seen to be a cause of potential harm. I will continue to err on the side of caution. It really doesn't matter what works - so long as it does. What does matter is that you take care when starting to use active hormones - take it easy.

Luv - Sheila

Thanks Sheila

I will do that. I think our American friends tend to do things differently when starting armour or anything else for that matter by what I have been reading, they seem to ramp up doses quite quickly. I will follow the TPA advice and do it the correct way, I am hoping I dont have too many problems as I have been supporing my adrenal with HC now for 3 months, infact nearly 4 months.

Thanks for your help

One more thing if I do armour sublingually do I need to do it on an empty stomach and what time of day is best? I presume morning and then again around 2/3pm?

Hi

[Edit Abbrev Mod]