RemedySpot.com

Re: school districts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

Do not move to Strongsville

Kathy

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:07:15 -0500, DillardRN wrote

>  Hello Everyone, >   > I introduced myself to the list last week.  My children will be moving to Ohio in the near future.  I am presently in Ohio to learn about services and such before bringing them here.  >   > Can anyone comment on their school district and tell me the pros and/or cons about their special education department and meeting the needs of a child with an autism diagnosis.  Perhaps share some experiences you may have had with them.  >   > I have to decide on a school district, and I am up for moving to any, does not have to be a certian location.  I just want to find one that will meet the needs of my children, as I have 3 children (ages 3-6) on the spectrum.  I know the best place to ask is other parents.  Thank you all so much!! >   > >

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

>

-- WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

...or Macedonia, or Northfield.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 7:33 AM

Subject: Re: [ ] school districts

Hi ,

Do not move to Strongsville

Kathy

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:07:15 -0500, DillardRN wrote

> Hello Everyone,

>

> I introduced myself to the list last week. My children will be moving to Ohio in the near future. I am presently in Ohio to learn about services and such before bringing them here.

>

> Can anyone comment on their school district and tell me the pros and/or cons about their special education department and meeting the needs of a child with an autism diagnosis. Perhaps share some experiences you may have had with them.

>

> I have to decide on a school district, and I am up for moving to any, does not have to be a certian location. I just want to find one that will meet the needs of my children, as I have 3 children (ages 3-6) on the spectrum. I know the best place to ask is other parents. Thank you all so much!!

>

>

>

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

>

--

WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

As for preschools, since that is all I have dealt with so far,

Olmsted Falls schools is pretty good.. we absolutely LOVE our teacher

there.. and as someone else said before.. not only the schools, but

the teachers are important as well... we are just getting ready to

move up to the kindergarten level.. so not sure how that will be just

yet... from what I have heard, Berea City schools which is also

included with Middleburg Hts and Brook Park (would give you more

options of cities to live in) has a great special needs program. I

have also heard great things about the schools up in Avon.. I know

not much help.. but perhaps if you are in NE Ohio for a few days you

could call the school districts, let them know your concerns and that

you will be moving to the area and see if they will let you come tour

and observe the classrooms that your children would be in..

>

> Hello Everyone,

>

> I introduced myself to the list last week. My children will be

moving to Ohio in the near future. I am presently in Ohio to learn

about services and such before bringing them here.

>

> Can anyone comment on their school district and tell me the pros

and/or cons about their special education department and meeting the

needs of a child with an autism diagnosis. Perhaps share some

experiences you may have had with them.

>

> I have to decide on a school district, and I am up for moving to

any, does not have to be a certian location. I just want to find one

that will meet the needs of my children, as I have 3 children (ages 3-

6) on the spectrum. I know the best place to ask is other parents.

Thank you all so much!!

>

>

>

__

> Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and

security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from

across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

>

Cleveland city schools are horrible too!!! Debbie Wachterpcrawfo1 <PCrawfo1@...> wrote: Don't move to Brunswick. Great for "normal" kids...sucks for sped.*Just Some Group Notes:~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~We can help raise money for ASO (Autism Society of Ohio). Just by using a charity based search engine. Search for anything you need info on. 2 steps: Just click on the link then type in Autism Society of Ohio and hit verify. Then type in your search word. heres the link: http://www.goodsearch.com~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~When Adding to your email address book, don't forget to include the s in groups. Here is the complete address: ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~Our Parent Contact list -

see a printable list or add your contact info:See the printable list: /database?method=reportRows & tbl=2 & sortBy=1 & sortDir=down & startAt= & prntRpt=1Add your contact info here: /database?method=addRecord & tbl=2~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~Would you like to invite a friend to our group?Would you like to handout information about our group to your area meeting?Just print out some handouts from this link:http://f4.grp.fs.com/v1/AIN0RLAa_M73oRrFIxpAYAoyKhpUQjhAQwLZyn-aHudv5wBIo5CIDOYwMaYSuKIwsAQHkU2a2WBN2D3h6hU6ig/ -Handout.doc~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~See our group photo albums or Add your family photo album here:http://health.ph./group/ /photos~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ is a networking and support groupof "Parent to Parent for

Autism".Website: http://hometown.aol.com/parentschat/homepage.html~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

i have heard this from many people...thanks!!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:59 PM

Subject: [ ] Re: school districts

Don't move to Brunswick. Great for "normal" kids...sucks for sped.