RemedySpot.com

Female issues and Autism...Looking for info/help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Evening all, I had a mother call me today asking for help with her 13 Y.O. Daughter. She is DX with Autism and has very limited verbal skills. The mother has worked hard with her daughter on life skills and as such has seen great improvement over the past 16 months in her daughters self care skills. The one problem she is having is when her daughter is on her period. When she is cramping she can not get her off the toilet. She says her daughter thinks that she has to have a bowel movement and won't get off the toilet because she does not want to mess her pants. She also goes through 2 boxes a day of pads. Not because of excessive bleeding, but because she knows there is blood there and feels that she has to change it every few minutes. Our own daughter is tipical so I did not have deal with this 2 issues. Can anyone that has walked down this path offer me some insight for this mother? Is there a simply written book on this topic that I can suggest to the Mom. Her daughter reads & understands at the 3rd grade level. Thanks for any help you can offer Becky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD Everybody has barriers and obstacles. If you look at them as containing fences that don't allow you to advance, then you're going to be a failure. If you look at them as hurdles that strengthen you each time you go over one, then you're

going to be a success. Carson Surgeon

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Hi Becky: I have a 17 year old on the spectrum and had to face this issue. Depending on the family's beliefs you are assisting, I put my daughter on a birth control pill to help lessen/get rid of the cramping. Also this helps her to keep track on when her next cycle will begin so we can prepare a head of time. She keeps track on her dry/erase calendar in her bedroom. There are also a birth control pill (you might want to speak to a ped gynocologist) that can stop her monthly cycles altogether or to control it to even once every 3 months. I know she is young at 13, but this is when I started my daughter. Hope this helps out. Barb @> wrote: Evening all, I had a mother call me today asking for help with her 13 Y.O. Daughter. She is DX with Autism and has very limited verbal skills. The mother has worked hard with her daughter on life skills and as such has seen great improvement over the past 16 months in her daughters self care skills. The one problem she is having is when her daughter is on her period. When she is cramping she can not get her off the toilet. She says her daughter thinks that she has to have a bowel movement and won't get

off the toilet because she does not want to mess her pants. She also goes through 2 boxes a day of pads. Not because of excessive bleeding, but because she knows there is blood there and feels that she has to change it every few minutes. Our own daughter is tipical so I did not have deal with this 2 issues. Can anyone that has walked down this path offer me some insight for this mother? Is there a simply written book on this topic that I can suggest to the Mom. Her daughter reads & understands at the 3rd grade level. Thanks for any help you can offer Becky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD Everybody has barriers and obstacles. If you look at them as containing fences that don't allow you to advance, then you're going to be a failure. If you look at them as hurdles that strengthen you each time you go over one, then you're going to be a success. Carson Surgeon Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.