RemedySpot.com

1st Annual Autism Benefit Concert in Cleveland, OH - June 23rd

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Don,

Would you like me to send this to my email list of The Greater Cleveland Cure Autism Now /Autism Speaks chapter members? It sends to a 50 mile radius of our area which is over 500 members.

I would be happy to help spread the word.

Wishing you and your team much success on your event.

See you on June 23rd!!!

All the best,

Shari Goldberg

Cleveland Chapter President CAN/AS

Co-chair, Cleveland Rocks Autism See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Dear Friend, Autism has been at the forefront in the public eye as the number of those diagnosed has increased significantly over the past two decades. In fact, according to a recent study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1 in 150 children today are diagnosed with autism, up from 1 in 10,000 in the 1980s. Many contend it is an epidemic with a yet unknown

cause. And, while research continues into the cause of autism, families are left to fend for themselves with the enormous cost of treatment, which can exceed $70,000 per year and often is excluded from health insurance plans. The overall lack of financial support prompted a group of families, caring for children with autism, to establish a non-profit support organization last fall - The National Autism Association –Northeast Ohio Chapter (NAA-NEO). One important goal is to provide financial assistance to parents struggling to pay for autism related services. Some strategies include the distribution of grant funds to eligible families to help them pay for important therapies/respite help. We will also provide educational workshops on identification of funding sources, dealing with insurance issues and

financial planning. We strive to link families to already existing resources in the area. In six short months we have developed our infrastructure and have already raised funds to implement our Family Assistance, Helping Hands Program. We are continuing this momentum by organizing the 1st Annual National Autism Association - Northeast Ohio Benefit, to help Northeast Ohio families, on June 23rd, at the Beachland Ballroom

in Cleveland, Ohio. Performing are two critically acclaimed national acts, the Bottle Rockets and Robbie Fulks. The Beachland Ballroom can accommodate up to 500 people. The goals of the benefit are to raise awareness about the

disorder and to raise $35,000 or more to support our family assitance program. Specifically, these funds will enable NAA-NEO to distribute $1,000 grants to up to 30 families, through our Helping Hand Family Assistance Program, to help pay for autism treatments and/or respite care. We will raise these funds primarily through ticket sales and corporate sponsorship. We would be delighted for you to join us at this event! Tickets are $40.00 for the general public, and $30.00 for parents of a child or children with ASD. Please send a check payable to National Autism Association - Northeast Ohio, for the amount of your purchase ( # of tickets X price per ticket). Checks should be mailed to the following address: National Autism Association - Northeast Ohio P.O. Box 221195, Beachwood, Ohio, 44122 You should receive your tickets in about one- two weeks after receipt of your check. Checks received a week before the event will be held at "Will Call". We look forward to seeing you at the Benefit on June 23! Should you not be able to attend this event, you can send us a tax-deducible donation, donate your

tickets to a family caring for a person with autism who otherwise would not be able to afford to attend the Benefit. Your donation will be greatly appreciated. Please let us know if you would like your donation recognized at the event or wish to remain anonymous. Yours Truly, Don Pattison President of NAA-NEO

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Hi Shari,

I tried to attach our flier with all the details included but it

would not post to the group. I will upload it to the files section

of . You can also find more detail on our website at

www.autismnortheastohio.org. We will send out more information

later as well.

Yes, it would be great if you could spread the word. We appreciate

your support!

Thanks,

and Don

>

> Hi Don,

> Would you like me to send this to my email list of The Greater

Cleveland

> Cure Autism Now /Autism Speaks chapter members? It sends to a 50

mile radius of

> our area which is over 500 members.

> I would be happy to help spread the word.

> Wishing you and your team much success on your event.

> See you on June 23rd!!!

> All the best,

> Shari Goldberg

> Cleveland Chapter President CAN/AS

> Co-chair, Cleveland Rocks Autism

>

>

>

> ************************************** See what's free at

http://www.aol.com.

>