RemedySpot.com

NAA National Grant Program Deadline May 15

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Guys,I know many of you know about this program, but in case youdon't...the National Autism Association's helping Hand program isthere for parents (single parents this year) to assist financiallywith biomedical treatment costs. Please go to their website andcheck out the FAQs, download an application, and applied if youqualify! The address iswww.nationalautismassociation.org/helpinghand.phpThanks,NAA-NEO-------------------------------------Helping Hand Program:Please note: Applications postmarked after May 15, 2007 cannot beaccepted.NAA has been overwhelmed with applications for this program. Thereare thousands of families in need. You can help! Please make adonation to NAA today. Thank you!Autism is treatable.

The Helping Hand Program provides familieswith financial assistance in getting necessary biomedicaltreatments, supplements and therapy services for their autisticchild. Do not apply for this grant if you are seeking funds forrespite care, fencing, trampolines, swingsets, trips to DisneyWorld, etc.This program is intended ONLY for parents in DIRE financial need.Applications must be postmarked by May 15, 2007 and will be kepteligible through the end of the year. Please email questions toann@....Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: How do I know if my child qualifies for help from the NationalAutism Association?A: Your child must meet all three basic criteria to apply:1. Birth to age 182. Reside in the

United States of America.3. Diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.Q: How much money can I request?A: The maximum amount we can award per family is a one-time grant of$1,500.Q: How do I apply for assistance from the National AutismAssociation for my child?A: First, review the three basic criteria. If you meet these, thenyou must complete a GRANT APPLICATION. You must attach a letter fromyour child's physician that confirms your child's diagnosis. If yourrequest exceeds $300, you must provide a copy of your most recenttax return.Q: Are grant funds paid directly to families?A: At no time are funds transferred to families. All grants awardedare paid directly to the vendor or service provider to pay fortuition, supplements/medication, medical evaluation or testing,therapies, etc.Q: I've sent my application in. How long until I know if myapplication has been

approved?A: Once we have received all components of the application(completed application form, doctor's letter, and tax returns, ifapplicable), your application will be reviewed by the NAA staffwithin 3-4 weeks. Two or three grants will be awarded each monthduring 2007. No awards will exceed $1500 per family at this time.ONLY APPROVED GRANT RECIPIENTS WILL BE CONTACTED BY NAA.Q: I have health insurance. Can I still apply for assistance?A: Yes.Q: I'm not sure if this request falls within the grant guidelines.Should I still send in an application?A: If your request is for something other than biomedicaltreatments, supplements or therapies for your child with autism, itdoes not fall within the grant guidelines.Q: We have so many medical bills, we're having trouble paying therent/electric /water/telephone bills. Can NAA help us?A: The guidelines of this grant do not allow payment for

anythingother than biomedical treatments, supplements or therapies for yourchild with autism. Fri May 4, 2007 3:21 pm Show Message Info #5817 of 5817Msg List <Prev &ltPrev | Next> View SourceUse Fixed Width FontUnwrap Lines "egerpatt" <egerpatt@...> egerpatt Offline Send Email

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.