Guest guest

Hello all,

I know in different groups this question can cause an uproar, but since

there is so many people in this group and it is in a generalized region

I am going to ask.

What is available for children that may need residential living, also

for them when they become adults?

No I am not looking to put my daughter away, but if we can't get her

aggression level down it will come to that.

We moved here a year ago for her. She does go to the Monarch school and

they have done a lot with her.

She is under the care of a pdoc at Rainbow.

She quailifies for services under MR/DD and I have requestd some help

for her at home behaviors, but havent gotten them yet. Any infomation

would be greatly appreciated.

Guest guest

Feel free to contact me off listjswinky@...I am not sure if you have worked with anyone yet in the home. I have some info that may be of some help.Sandee Winkelman

Guest guest

Hi , I would contact your local department of MMRD. They can tell you what is available and what you qualify for. Debbie W. Deering <nandee_7@...> wrote: Hello all,I know in different groups this question can cause an uproar, but since there is so many people in this group and it is in a generalized region I am going to ask.What is available for children that may need residential living, also for them when they become adults?No I am not looking to put my daughter away, but if we can't get her aggression level down it will come to that.We moved here a year ago for her. She does go to the Monarch school and they have done a lot with her.She is under the care of a pdoc at Rainbow.She

quailifies for services under MR/DD and I have requestd some help for her at home behaviors, but havent gotten them yet. Any infomation would be greatly appreciated.*Just Some Group Notes:~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~We can help raise money for ASO (Autism Society of Ohio). Just by using a charity based search engine. Search for anything you need info on. 2 steps: Just click on the link then type in Autism Society of Ohio and hit verify. Then type in your search word. heres the link: http://www.goodsearch.com~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~When Adding to your email address book, don't forget to include the s in groups. Here is the complete address: ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~Our Parent Contact list - see a printable list or add your contact info:See the printable list:

/database?method=reportRows & tbl=2 & sortBy=1 & sortDir=down & startAt= & prntRpt=1Add your contact info here: /database?method=addRecord & tbl=2~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~Would you like to invite a friend to our group?Would you like to handout information about our group to your area meeting?Just print out some handouts from this link:http://f4.grp.fs.com/v1/AIN0RLAa_M73oRrFIxpAYAoyKhpUQjhAQwLZyn-aHudv5wBIo5CIDOYwMaYSuKIwsAQHkU2a2WBN2D3h6hU6ig/ -Handout.doc~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~See our group photo albums or Add your family photo album here:http://health.ph./group/ /photos~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ is a networking and support groupof "Parent to Parent for Autism".Website: http://hometown.aol.com/parentschat/homepage.html~~~

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi ,

I truly understand your situation. I don't know where

you live, but a friend of mine has her son in the

Rosemary Center which I believe is located in Euclid.

Hope this helps.

Pam

--- Deering <nandee_7@...> wrote:

> Hello all,

>

> I know in different groups this question can cause

> an uproar, but since

> there is so many people in this group and it is in a

> generalized region

> I am going to ask.

>

> What is available for children that may need

> residential living, also

> for them when they become adults?

> No I am not looking to put my daughter away, but if

> we can't get her

> aggression level down it will come to that.

>

> We moved here a year ago for her. She does go to the

> Monarch school and

> they have done a lot with her.

>

> She is under the care of a pdoc at Rainbow.

>

> She quailifies for services under MR/DD and I have

> requestd some help

> for her at home behaviors, but havent gotten them

> yet. Any infomation

> would be greatly appreciated.

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Pam, I am still trying to get in home if possible. I also just heard of Rosemary Center. What does your friend think of it? I am in Shaker Heights so it is not very far. Pam Vanek <pbvanek@...> wrote: Hi ,I truly understand your situation. I don't know whereyou live, but a friend of mine has her son in theRosemary Center which I believe is located in Euclid.Hope this helps.Pam--- Deering <nandee_7 > wrote:> Hello all,> > I know in different groups this question can cause> an uproar, but since > there is so many people in this group and it is in a> generalized region > I am going to ask.> > What is available for children that may need> residential living, also > for them when they become adults?> No I am not looking to put my daughter away, but if> we can't get her > aggression level down it will come to that.> > We moved here a year ago for her. She does go to the> Monarch school and > they have done a lot with her.> > She is under the care of a pdoc at Rainbow.> > She quailifies for services under MR/DD and I have> requestd some help > for her at home behaviors, but havent gotten them> yet. Any infomation > would be

greatly appreciated.> > > > > >

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

Guest guest

Hi ,

You can contact Mrs. Adler at The Rose- Center 216-621-

3451. Google " Rose- Center, Cleveland, Ohio " and several good

sites come up.

I haven't kept in contact with them, but I worked there way back

in the 70s, first as a Self Help Training Therapist, and later as

Director of Volunteers. I loved it, and thought it was a wonderful

facility. I know that they have continued to grow and expand their

services. The Center on Euclid Ave (it's on the Euclid/Cleveland

border) is still reseidential, I believe, and I know that they

opened several group homes. I believe they moved their school

program to another facility, but I'm not sure...

-Trish

--- In , " Deering " <nandee_7@...>

wrote:

>

> Hello all,

>

> I know in different groups this question can cause an uproar, but

since

> there is so many people in this group and it is in a generalized

region

> I am going to ask.

>

> What is available for children that may need residential living,

also

> for them when they become adults?

> No I am not looking to put my daughter away, but if we can't get

her

> aggression level down it will come to that.

>

> We moved here a year ago for her. She does go to the Monarch

school and

> they have done a lot with her.

>

> She is under the care of a pdoc at Rainbow.

>

> She quailifies for services under MR/DD and I have requestd some

help

> for her at home behaviors, but havent gotten them yet. Any

infomation

> would be greatly appreciated.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Trish, Thank you for theadditional info. I am going to contact mr/dd and see if they will put in a referral for Rose s respite care for now. I know if a few days now then to do things with my other children would really help. Trish <minniemimi1@...> wrote: Hi , You can contact Mrs. Adler at The Rose- Center 216-621-3451. Google "Rose- Center, Cleveland, Ohio" and several good sites come up. I haven't kept in contact

with them, but I worked there way back in the 70s, first as a Self Help Training Therapist, and later as Director of Volunteers. I loved it, and thought it was a wonderful facility. I know that they have continued to grow and expand their services. The Center on Euclid Ave (it's on the Euclid/Cleveland border) is still reseidential, I believe, and I know that they opened several group homes. I believe they moved their school program to another facility, but I'm not sure...-Trish>> Hello all,> > I know in different groups this question can cause an uproar, but since > there is so many people in this group and it is in a generalized region > I am going to ask.> > What is available for children that may need residential living,

also > for them when they become adults?> No I am not looking to put my daughter away, but if we can't get her > aggression level down it will come to that.> > We moved here a year ago for her. She does go to the Monarch school and > they have done a lot with her.> > She is under the care of a pdoc at Rainbow.> > She quailifies for services under MR/DD and I have requestd some help > for her at home behaviors, but havent gotten them yet. Any infomation > would be greatly appreciated.> > >

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

Guest guest

Bellefaire also has a residential program, an entire division for autistic individuals. As far as I know, they are top quality in terms of providing a safe and person-centered environment, and great therapy. Here's what I found on their website at http://www.bellefairejcb.org/child-services/monarch-school/monarch-boarding-academy/ Monarch Boarding Academy Monarch Boarding Academy is a unique residential program that extends the programming of Monarch School into a residential home setting.Students live together in a comfortable, safe, home-like

facility specifically designed and staffed to enhance social, behavioral, communicative, functional, and academic growth. Each student's day, from wake-up to bedtime, is highly structured and predictable. All activities—from personal grooming, to group meal preparation, to recreation—are designed to help the student use the skills learned at Monarch School. The fact that Monarch Boarding Academy is a residential program allows students to work on generalization of concepts and skills that can be applied to the broader community. This is achieved via continuity of methods, techniques, and expectations between classrooms and the residential setting. Quantitative tracking of each student's progress for identified key behavioral areas is a standard procedure..The ultimate goal of the intensive program is a return to family living or a less-restrictive level of care. Family involvement in treatment and education decisions is vital to each child's

success. Weekend programming includes family visits as part of structured social and recreational activities. To facilitate family involvement, on-campus apartments are available.To learn more, call Monarch Autism Services at Bellefaire JCB.Cleveland area: 216-320-8945Or email infoAUT@... This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it Yoder-Balla <elizabeth.yoder-balla@...> wrote: Ardmore Inc. also has residential for children with autism.

~byb~

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Guest guest

, I know Monarch does, Dd goes to school there. I am trying to find funding for residential, . Monarch school has done wonders with my daughter. <egerpatt@...> wrote: Bellefaire also has a residential program, an entire division for autistic individuals. As far as I know, they are top quality in terms of providing a safe and person-centered environment, and great therapy. Here's what I found on their website at http://www.bellefairejcb.org/child-services/monarch-school/monarch-boarding-academy/ Monarch Boarding Academy Monarch Boarding Academy is a unique residential program that extends the programming of Monarch School into a residential home setting.Students live together in a comfortable, safe, home-like facility specifically designed and staffed to enhance social, behavioral, communicative, functional, and academic growth. Each student's day, from wake-up to bedtime, is highly structured and predictable. All activities—from personal grooming, to

group meal preparation, to recreation—are designed to help the student use the skills learned at Monarch School. The fact that Monarch Boarding Academy is a residential program allows students to work on generalization of concepts and skills that can be applied to the broader community. This is achieved via continuity of methods, techniques, and expectations between classrooms and the residential setting. Quantitative tracking of each student's progress for identified key behavioral areas is a standard procedure..The ultimate goal of the intensive program is a return to family living or a less-restrictive level of care. Family involvement in treatment and education decisions is vital to each child's success. Weekend programming includes family visits as part of structured social and recreational activities. To facilitate family involvement, on-campus apartments are available.To learn more, call Monarch Autism Services at Bellefaire

JCB.Cleveland area: 216-320-8945Or email infoAUTbellefairejcb (DOT) org This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it Yoder-Balla <elizabeth.yoder-ballahattielarlham (DOT) org> wrote: Ardmore Inc. also has residential for children with autism. ~byb~ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Guest guest

Hi nancy, I see... I am sorry I missed that. You said that in your initial email.... If you are interested, please check out the website of the National Autism Association - Northeast Ohio Chapter. I am on the board and we will be giving out grants soon. If you sign up to our mailing list, you will be sure to get information as soon as it is out. It will be a drop in the ocean, I know, but we need to start somewhere. Here's our website. www.autismnortheastohio.org Good luck. I will post if I hear something though. Deering <nandee_7@...> wrote: , I know Monarch does, Dd goes to school there. I am trying to find funding for residential, . Monarch school has done wonders with my daughter. <egerpatt > wrote: Bellefaire also has a residential program, an entire division for autistic individuals. As far as I know, they are top quality in terms of providing a safe and person-centered environment, and great therapy. Here's what I found on their website at http://www.bellefairejcb.org/child-services/monarch-school/monarch-boarding-academy/ Monarch Boarding Academy Monarch Boarding Academy is a unique residential program that extends the programming of Monarch School into a residential home setting.Students live together in a comfortable, safe, home-like facility specifically designed and staffed to enhance social, behavioral, communicative, functional, and academic growth. Each student's day, from wake-up to bedtime, is highly structured and predictable. All activities—from personal grooming, to

group meal preparation, to recreation—are designed to help the student use the skills learned at Monarch School. The fact that Monarch Boarding Academy is a residential program allows students to work on generalization of concepts and skills that can be applied to the broader community. This is achieved via continuity of methods, techniques, and expectations between classrooms and the residential setting. Quantitative tracking of each student's progress for identified key behavioral areas is a standard procedure..The ultimate goal of the intensive program is a return to family living or a less-restrictive level of care. Family involvement in treatment and education decisions is vital to each child's success. Weekend programming includes family visits as part of structured social and recreational activities. To facilitate family involvement, on-campus apartments are available.To learn more, call Monarch Autism Services at Bellefaire

JCB.Cleveland area: 216-320-8945Or email infoAUTbellefairejcb (DOT) org This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it Yoder-Balla <elizabeth.yoder-ballahattielarlham (DOT) org> wrote: Ardmore Inc. also has residential for children with autism. ~byb~ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.