RemedySpot.com

RE: MRDD/OHIO MEDICAID WAIVER & AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Bob, I know this is in Huron County...But this would be a good workshop for both of us regarding . Maybe not the autism scholarship...but the waiver and medicaid. We need to apply when she is 18. Let me know if you are interested, if not I can go by myself. Barb Bummer. This is the same day as

the GLR conference. This would be AWESOME to attend. L. Alspach, MT-BC Co-Director, Music Therapy Enrichment Center, Inc. 440-250-0091 fax 440-250-0089 www.MTECincorporated.com -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of 1wmconnectSent: Friday, March 09, 2007 1:17 PMautismNE Subject: [ ] MRDD/OHIO MEDICAID WAIVER & AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOP In our ongoing efforts to provide training and information to local families below and attached is the flyer and registration form for the waiver & autsim scholarship workshop, March 24 in Norwalk, Ohio. MRDD/OHIO MEDICAID WAIVER & AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOP Saturday, March 24, 2007 Huron County Department Job & Family Service 190 Shady Lane, Norwalk Ohio Entrance A 8:00-4:30 Ever wonder what a Waiver is or how it could benefit your child or family member?

Tonks, Executive Director of The Arc of Ohio will explain what a Waiver is, how to get one and what services are available though a Waiver and Medicaid. He will also explain the new services available to those who already have a Waiver and your Rights, as well as the latest news from Columbus Debra Plaza from the Ohio Department MRDD will discuss what the Ohio waitlist is, how it works and what to do if you need help now. Kim Donicka from ODJFS Health & Community Service will present information on the Medicaid waiver and CORE services. What they are, how to apply for them and what you can do with them. Sogan from ODE Office for Exceptional Children will present on the Ohio Autism Scholarship. Learn what it is, where and how to apply, what you can do with it and how to write it in the IEP. Send

registration form and check or money order for $15.00 per son to Help 4 the Family P.O. Box 995 Norwalk, Ohio 44857 Name:______________________________________________________________________ Address;___________________________________________________________________ Phone Number:_____________________________________________________________ Number of people:_________________________ Limited grants are available. If registration fee is a hardship please contact Becky at 419-706-8772. We also accept payment from your county MRDD.

Guest guest

As someone who works daily with parents/families in need of services

for their children I would encourage you NOT to wait until your child

is 18 to get on the waiting list for the I/O (or any other)Waiver.

By the time your child is an adult it is almost too late b/c of the

extensive waiting lists involved. I encourage parents to sign up for

any waiting lists they can as early as they can. I can't tell you

how many times I've gotten calls from parents in their 70s & 80s who

have taken care of their children at home their entire lives and are

now in the position, due to illness or just age, where they are no

longer able to provide care & they are forced to see thier children

go to a nursing home b/c of lack of funding. Don't let this happen

to you or your child!

~byb~

>

> Bob, I know this is in Huron County...But this would be a good

workshop for both of us regarding . Maybe not the autism

scholarship...but the waiver and medicaid. We need to apply when she

is 18. Let me know if you are interested, if not I can go by

myself. Barb

>

>

> Bummer. This is the same day as the GLR conference.

This would be AWESOME to attend.

>

> L. Alspach, MT-BC

> Co-Director, Music Therapy Enrichment Center, Inc.

> 440-250-0091

> fax 440-250-0089

> www.MTECincorporated.com

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: [mailto: ] On

Behalf Of 1@...

> Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 1:17 PM

> autismNE

> Subject: [ ] MRDD/OHIO MEDICAID WAIVER & AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP

WORKSHOP

>

> In our ongoing efforts to provide training and information

to local families below and attached is the flyer and registration

form for the waiver & autsim scholarship workshop, March 24 in

Norwalk, Ohio.

>

> MRDD/OHIO MEDICAID WAIVER & AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOP

> Saturday, March 24, 2007

> Huron County Department Job & Family Service

> 190 Shady Lane, Norwalk Ohio

> Entrance A

> 8:00-4:30

> Ever wonder what a Waiver is or how it could benefit your child or

family member? Tonks, Executive Director of The Arc of Ohio

will explain what a Waiver is, how to get one and what services are

available though a Waiver and Medicaid.

> He will also explain the new services available to those who

already have a Waiver and your Rights, as well as the latest news

from Columbus

> Debra Plaza from the Ohio Department MRDD will discuss what the

Ohio waitlist is, how it works and what to do if you need help now.

> Kim Donicka from ODJFS Health & Community Service will present

information on the Medicaid waiver and CORE services. What they are,

how to apply for them and what you can do with them.

> Sogan from ODE Office for Exceptional Children will present on

the Ohio Autism Scholarship. Learn what it is, where and how to

apply, what you can do with it and how to write it in the IEP.

>

> Send registration form and check or money order for $15.00 per son

to

> Help 4 the Family

> P.O. Box 995

> Norwalk, Ohio 44857

>

>

Name:_________________________________________________________________

_____

>

Address;______________________________________________________________

_____

> Phone

Number:_____________________________________________________________

> Number of people:_________________________

>

> Limited grants are available. If registration fee is a hardship

please contact Becky at 419-706-8772. We also accept payment from

your county MRDD.

>

Guest guest

Hello. I'd like to know if there are still spots open for the training? Id like to register if there are. Thank you Rochelle Payne Geauga County Help Me Grow 1@... wrote: In our ongoing efforts to provide training and information to local families below and attached is the flyer and registration form for the waiver & autsim scholarship workshop, March 24 in Norwalk, Ohio. MRDD/OHIO MEDICAID

WAIVER & AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOP Saturday, March 24, 2007 Huron County Department Job & Family Service 190 Shady Lane, Norwalk Ohio Entrance A 8:00-4:30 Ever wonder what a Waiver is or how it could benefit your child or family member? Tonks, Executive Director of The Arc of Ohio will explain what a Waiver is, how to get one and what services are available though a Waiver and Medicaid. He will also explain the new services available to those who already have a Waiver and your Rights, as well as the latest news from Columbus Debra Plaza from the Ohio Department MRDD will discuss what the Ohio waitlist is, how it works and what to do if you need help now. Kim Donicka from ODJFS Health & Community Service will present information on the Medicaid waiver and CORE services. What they are, how to apply for them and what you can do with them. Sogan from ODE Office for Exceptional

Children will present on the Ohio Autism Scholarship. Learn what it is, where and how to apply, what you can do with it and how to write it in the IEP. Send registration form and check or money order for $15.00 per son to Help 4 the Family P.O. Box 995 Norwalk, Ohio 44857 Name:______________________________________________________________________ Address;___________________________________________________________________ Phone Number:_____________________________________________________________ Number of people:_________________________ Limited grants are available. If registration fee is a hardship please contact Becky at 419-706-8772. We also accept payment from your county MRDD.

Guest guest

Hello le, Yes there are still openings and we would love to have you attend. If you get your registration in the mail by Tuesday we will have it before Saturday so we can let the presenters know how many will be attending, If not you can also register at te door. Sincerely Becky GriggsRochelle Payne <karpayne3@...> wrote: Hello. I'd like to know if there are still spots open for the training? Id like to register if there are. Thank you Rochelle Payne Geauga County Help Me Grow 1wmconnect wrote: In our ongoing efforts to provide training and information to local families below and attached is the flyer and registration form for the waiver & autsim scholarship workshop, March 24 in Norwalk, Ohio. MRDD/OHIO MEDICAID WAIVER & AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOP Saturday, March 24, 2007 Huron County Department Job & Family Service 190 Shady Lane, Norwalk Ohio Entrance A 8:00-4:30 Ever wonder what a Waiver is or how it could benefit your child or family member? Tonks, Executive Director of The Arc of Ohio will explain what a Waiver is, how to get one and what services are available though a

Waiver and Medicaid. He will also explain the new services available to those who already have a Waiver and your Rights, as well as the latest news from Columbus Debra Plaza from the Ohio Department MRDD will discuss what the Ohio waitlist is, how it works and what to do if you need help now. Kim Donicka from ODJFS Health & Community Service will present information on the Medicaid waiver and CORE services. What they are, how to apply for them and what you can do with them. Sogan from ODE Office for Exceptional Children will present on the Ohio Autism Scholarship. Learn what it is, where and how to apply, what you can do with it and how to write it in the IEP. Send registration form and check or money order for $15.00 per son to Help 4 the Family P.O. Box 995 Norwalk, Ohio 44857 Name:______________________________________________________________________

Address;___________________________________________________________________ Phone Number:_____________________________________________________________ Number of people:_________________________ Limited grants are available. If registration fee is a hardship please contact Becky at 419-706-8772. We also accept payment from your county MRDD. Becky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD CHECKOUT OUR LASTEST NEWS AT http://www.norwalkunitedfund.org/fund_listing.asp?did=81 Everybody has barriers and obstacles. If you look at them as containing fences that don't allow you to advance, then you're going to be a failure. If you look at them as hurdles that strengthen you each time you go over one, then you're going to be a success. Carson Surgeon

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

Thank you. Im looking forward to the training. See you Saturday Rochelle PayneBecky Griggs <sleeplessohio@...> wrote: Hello le, Yes there are still openings and we would love to have you attend. If you get your registration in the mail by Tuesday we will have it before Saturday so we can let the presenters know how many will be attending, If not you can also register at te door. Sincerely Becky

GriggsRochelle Payne <karpayne3sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hello. I'd like to know if there are still spots open for the training? Id like to register if there are. Thank you Rochelle Payne Geauga County Help Me Grow 1wmconnect wrote: In our ongoing efforts to provide training and information to local families below and attached is the flyer and registration form for the waiver & autsim scholarship workshop, March 24 in Norwalk, Ohio. MRDD/OHIO MEDICAID WAIVER & AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOP Saturday, March 24, 2007 Huron County

Department Job & Family Service 190 Shady Lane, Norwalk Ohio Entrance A 8:00-4:30 Ever wonder what a Waiver is or how it could benefit your child or family member? Tonks, Executive Director of The Arc of Ohio will explain what a Waiver is, how to get one and what services are available though a Waiver and Medicaid. He will also explain the new services available to those who already have a Waiver and your Rights, as well as the latest news from Columbus Debra Plaza from the Ohio Department MRDD will discuss what the Ohio waitlist is, how it works and what to do if you need help now. Kim Donicka from ODJFS Health & Community Service will present information on the Medicaid waiver and CORE services. What they are, how to apply for them and what you can do with them. Sogan from ODE Office for Exceptional Children will present on the Ohio Autism Scholarship. Learn what it is, where and how to

apply, what you can do with it and how to write it in the IEP. Send registration form and check or money order for $15.00 per son to Help 4 the Family P.O. Box 995 Norwalk, Ohio 44857 Name:______________________________________________________________________ Address;___________________________________________________________________ Phone Number:_____________________________________________________________ Number of people:_________________________ Limited grants are available. If registration fee is a hardship please contact Becky at 419-706-8772. We also accept payment from your county MRDD. Becky Mother to , 16,

Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD CHECKOUT OUR LASTEST NEWS AT http://www.norwalkunitedfund.org/fund_listing.asp?did=81 Everybody has barriers and obstacles. If you look at them as containing fences that don't allow you to advance, then you're going to be a failure. If you look at them as hurdles that strengthen you each time you go over one, then you're going to be a success. Carson Surgeon Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search

your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.