RemedySpot.com

OT-things happening in 3's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have really never been one for superstitions but here as of late I am becoming a fearful in the saying "things happen in 3's". I posted a couple weeks ago about a close friend of ours that was just DX with lung cancer again, She had already lost 1/2 of her lung to cancer 6 years ago. Now she will be losing the rest of the lung. What I did not post about was the fear we was facing with Bob's Dad He is 80 and up till now has been very active and independant. He was in a car accident a few weeks back. A nurse was busy talking on her cell phone to pay attention to the road and ran a stop sign. When they XRayed Bob Dad's chest they found he fractures his sterum and a mass in his lung. They did testing and if came back cancer. Last week he had surgery and the plan going in was to remove the lower lobe and some

lymph nodes that were swollen. But when thye got in there the tumor was bigger than they had figured and was invading both the upper and lower lobe. They ended up taking the whole lung as well as the lymph nodes. He was in ICU until Moday and went to a step down unit until a transsional care unit could be located for him. Today we moved him to a unit in a local nursing home. He is so upset that he can not drive and so fearful he will tear open his surgical area that he is driving most of the family nuts. We have been rushing around trying to find him a 1st floor apartment, thankfully we foun done today.but it will not be ready until the middle of June. is not understanding what is going on. He keeps remembering how bad my Dad got at the end with his lungs (My Dad had COPD) he just keeps asking why Grandpa is going to die and telling us we have to take him home to die. When he starts on this line

of conversation I am glad Bob's Dad is hard of hearing even with his hearing aids in. was promoted to Star Scout tonight and recieved 2 more merit badges. He was having such a hard time at COurt of Honor with his new duties as assistance patrol leader. He had to stand in front and order the flags brought in and lead the scouts in the pleadge. It was not easy nor was it pretty at points, but he got through it and everyone appauded him when he was done. Just as we were leaving to come home the nursing home calls and asked if we can stop in. Bob's Dad was upset and aggitated and they could not calm him down. So we ended up staying with him for 2 hours reassuring him that he will be going back to his new apartment as soon as he is strong enough to. We getting ready to go to bed and my Mom calls. My sister is in the hospital. She

also has COPD, and is in ICU. When they xrayed her in the ER they found a mass in her left lung. They can't do any testing until they get her breathing better and figure out why her throat is closing in her. The ER doc told my Mom it could just be scaring from the COPD and that as soon as she can tolarate the scope they would go in and check things out.. Honestly folks, I know God says he will not give you more than you can handle. I know his time frame in what I can handle does not match my time frame. BUt golly gee, 2 people I love Dx with lung cancer within 6 weeks and possibily a third. I am not sure I have the strength for this test of faith. Sorry for rattling on. Bob has already gone to bed and I just needed to get this out.It's midnight and a long day ahead of me for tomorrow so I guess I better try to sleep,

LOL. Night Becky Becky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD Check Out Make a Dream Come True Entry http://www.4pawsforability.org/dream.htm Everybody has barriers and obstacles. If you look at them as containing fences that don't allow you to advance,

then you're going to be a failure. If you look at them as hurdles that strengthen you each time you go over one, then you're going to be a success. Carson Surgeon

Get the free toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.