RemedySpot.com

Re:developmental psychologist referral

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have a friend from the Warren area with a son dx'd with Aspergers. She has had good experiences with the following doctors, but did not know if they take Anthem/Blue Cross:

Dr Pradeep Mathur, psychiatrist, located in Howland, who initially dx'd her son.

To clarify that dx. she took her son to see Dr Greg Slompka, neuropsychologist, at the Western Psychiatric Institute in Pittsburgh. She says that Dr Slopmka is touted as being "the best in his field" on a national level. She raves about UPMC Health System and the report Dr. Slompka did on her son. ( I'm not sure about the travel time comparison between Warren and Pittsburgh and Warren and Cleveland.)

As for the Trumbull/Mahoning County area, she suggested the following:

Stern @ Tod Children's Hospital. She said he "caught" several things on the spectrum that other evaluators did not at the time. His number is: 330-884-3954

Doug Darnell is another reputable evaluator, but she has not met him. She just heard through networking that he is quite good., but does not know if he "specializes" in ASD. His number is 330-759-2310.

Theresa

Guest guest

Thanks, very much, Theresa, you gave me a lot of good choices to present. There is no problem with traveling to Pittsburgh for this family as in our area we are right smack dab in the middle of Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 10:19 AM

Subject: [ ] Re:developmental psychologist referral

I have a friend from the Warren area with a son dx'd with Aspergers. She has had good experiences with the following doctors, but did not know if they take Anthem/Blue Cross:

Dr Pradeep Mathur, psychiatrist, located in Howland, who initially dx'd her son.

To clarify that dx. she took her son to see Dr Greg Slompka, neuropsychologist, at the Western Psychiatric Institute in Pittsburgh. She says that Dr Slopmka is touted as being "the best in his field" on a national level. She raves about UPMC Health System and the report Dr. Slompka did on her son. ( I'm not sure about the travel time comparison between Warren and Pittsburgh and Warren and Cleveland.)

As for the Trumbull/Mahoning County area, she suggested the following:

Stern @ Tod Children's Hospital. She said he "caught" several things on the spectrum that other evaluators did not at the time. His number is: 330-884-3954

Doug Darnell is another reputable evaluator, but she has not met him. She just heard through networking that he is quite good., but does not know if he "specializes" in ASD. His number is 330-759-2310.

Theresa