RemedySpot.com

Letter from the GMC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everybody

Seems TPA-UK is known to the GMC, and yes - I got a wobble in my tummy when I saw the letter I have received today was from the GMC . However…. the following letter from the President of the General Medical Council

" Dear Ms

Introducing the License to Practise in 2009

I am writing to tell you about an important change to the future regulation of doctors in the United Kingdom.

In the autumn of 2009, we will introduce the License to Practise . It will be the licence, rather than registration, that will signify to patients that a doctor has the legal authority to practise medicine in the UK. The License to Practise will be the first step towards the introduction of revalidation that will, in future, give patients regular assurance that their doctors are up to date and fit to practise.

Following the introduction of Licensing, only registered doctors with a license to practice will be able to exercise the legal privileges that are currently reserved for registered medical practitioners, such as those relating to prescribing and the signing of certificates required for statutory purposes.

I enclose a copy of the leaflet we are sending to registered doctors. While its content has been aimed at doctors, it may prove useful in explaining licensing to a wider audience.

If you have a question about the introduction of the license which is not addressed by the enclosed leaflet, or by the information available on our website, please e-mail licensing@....

Yours sincerely

Sir Graeme Catto. "