RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: headaches????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You may want to ask your doctor about stress and/or depression, too. The

incidence of depression in children with asperger disorder (especially teens) is

heartbreakingly high.

I hope you can find answers- that must be awful for your son.

e

---- <cws9@...> wrote:

> My asperger son has frequent headaches from his diabetes and his

> absent seizures.If your son is having them everyday,then you might want

> to run it by your doctor,maybe suggest an eeg be done.

>

>

>

> >

> > Is it normal for a child with Asperger's to have headaches all the

> > time? My son has Asperger's and has been suffering from headaches

> > everyday. Or could it be something else? I was just wondering...he

> is

> > on no medicines at this time.

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> >

>

>

Hi, --

I would look into the following:

A) Does he have allergies? I know during our month-long warm snap, the flowers began to push up and some of the trees began to bud. My AS son has really severe allergies to tree pollen, and began showing allergy symptoms -- enough to require us to restart his meds. Or, has he had a cold lately? Sometimes those can turn into sinus infections, which can cause monster headaches.

B) How about his eyesight? I know that trying to check my son's sight was like trying catching a bullet in the dark with a pair of pliers for a while. They were finally able to check it this year (he just turned 7!). But, if he is having any trouble seeing, that could be causing headaches.

C) Seizures are a possibility. They are possible for all kids with these types of disorders. Just because your child may not ever have had a grand mal or even a petit mal seizure, doesn't mean they aren't happening. We had to do a sleep-deprived EEG on our son last April. At some point, we'll have to do it for the little guy too, but I have NO idea how in the world we're going to do that! I would ask your child's doc -- whether it be a pediatrician, psychiatrist or neurologist -- to see if a test could be done to rule it out. That way you will know. Perhaps, then you could stop a major seizure before it would happen. If nothing else, it's good to know whether or not your child is having seizures because it can affect what medications they can take now and in the future.

D) Stress is a big problem for our kids. Oh, don't even get me started. I could write a book...in fact, I think I will. Along those lines, have you noticed if he grinds his teeth? My boys do. Not only does it make me NUTS!, but it's not good for their teeth and can also cause headaches. I unconsciously clench my teeth just about always (because I live in a constant state of stress!) and often have at least a dull pain in the temples as a result. The dentist may want to check it out to see if a bite plane is needed. So far, ours doesn't think it's necessary for my boys -- and I have no clue how the little one would sit through the process to get one made for him -- but she's watching it.

That's about all I've got for ideas right now. But, that's probably enough. Good luck and keep us posted.

--Suzanne

-----Original Message-----

Cc: cws9@...

Sent: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 7:19 AM

Subject: Re: [ ] Re: headaches????

You may want to ask your doctor about stress and/or depression, too. The incidence of depression in children with asperger disorder (especially teens) is heartbreakingly high.

I hope you can find answers- that must be awful for your son.

e

---- <cws9sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

> My asperger son has frequent headaches from his diabetes and his

> absent seizures.If your son is having them everyday,then you might want

> to run it by your doctor,maybe suggest an eeg be done.

>

>

>

> >

> > Is it normal for a child with Asperger's to have headaches all the

> > time? My son has Asperger's and has been suffering from headaches

> > everyday. Or could it be something else? I was just wondering...he

> is

> > on no medicines at this time.

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> >

>

>

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.