RemedySpot.com

Toys R Us/Autism Speaks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all!

In case anyone is planning on doing any shopping at Toys R Us, I wanted to let you all know about this. We were there yesterday getting some things to help out the Easter Bunny with our little ones' baskets, and were pleasantly surprised to see them taking donations for Autism Speaks. All over the store there are huge, suspended signs with the infamous puzzle piece on them. There is information on Autism in the front of the store, and there are sheets detailing the top 10 toys the store carries that seem to work well for children with Autism. You can make your donation at the registers when checking out, if you wish.

I thought that was pretty awesome to see such attention given to Autism at the toy store. As you all know, April is Autism Awareness Month, so if anyone knows of any other stores holding fundraisers for Autism charities, maybe you could pass the info along to us. I'll let you all know if I see anything else. I know last year, Build-A-Bear had a special Autism Bear, which my sister's family made for my littlest guy's birthday. Maybe they're having that again this year...I'll have to check.

--Suzanne

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.