RemedySpot.com

Re: Pregnant/nursing and looks like low on iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would feel comfortable taking 12.5 mgs if I were in your shoes. I think it is important while pregnant. You should be taking Vit C, Magnesium, Selenium and Celtic salt (binds with bromide and carries it out) as well.

As for the eczema. That can be a sign of gluten intolerance. I had eczema all the time but when I went gluten free it went away. Many people with thyroid issues also have gluten intolerance or even celiac.

Steph

Pregnant/nursing and looks like low on iodine

Hello all!I am new here! I went to an ND and she diagnosed me with low iodine based on skin test alone (patch gone in 6 hrs). I was told I need to take 60 mg of iodine daily.I have researched online and found this group and read thru all the info here on pregnancy/nursing and iodine supplementation and it looks like I really should not be starting it while pregnant due to detoxing possibility and that the skin test is not really something that is always correct. My OB tested TSH and it was 0.31, I know that without T3 and T4 levels this is not really saying much. I am waiting for them to call back and ask them to retest with FT3 and FT4. I read a post by that she regrets not taking iodine while she was pregnant herself. I also read on curezone that maybe 1 or 2 pills of iodoral a week should be fine.I went to an ND to deal with my eczema. Besides eczema problems I am pretty healthy. I am tired but I consider it normal with work full time and 14 month old that co-sleeps with me. I am cold all the time. And this is pretty much it. I looked up Dr. Rind table with syptoms and I am more on Adrenal fatigue side than thyroid side. What would you all do?