RemedySpot.com

New Resources and Materials from AAPC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friend of ASO:

Information on new materials from Autism Asperger Publishing Company (AAPC). FYI - please share.

Have you purchased your Ohio Autism Awareness License Plate yet? To purchase yours, visit www.oplates.com and click on "Specialty Plates" or visit our website at www.autismohio.org for more information.Sincerely,Barbara C. YavorcikPresidentAutism Society of Ohio701 S. Main St.Akron, OH 44311(330) 376-0211fax: (330) 376-1226email: askASO@...home: byavorcik@...web: www.autismohio.org Please note: This is provided for information purposes only. The ASO does not endorse or recommend any providers, methodologies or services. Providing this information should not be construed as an endorsement by the ASO, either explicit or impiled.

A variety of new materials and books from Autism Asperger Publishing Company:

www.asperger.net

Hi Everyone, I am thrilled to announce that our much-awaited product Choiceworks System is now available. My son has benefited so much from the visual supports that I have made him over the years that other parents and staff from his school asked me to make visual supports for them. This led me to create the Choiceworks System. (http://www.asperger.net/bookstore_9728.htm)

Visual supports can be very powerful! By increasing a child's understanding, they can reduce anxiety, and diminish inappropriate behaviors, making for a happier and more productive situation all around.

My goal was to create something that was simple for both the child and the adult to use. While giving you everything you need to get started, the Choiceworks System is designed to be flexible so you can customize it to a particular child's needs or wants. (read more by Michele ...) http://www.asperger.net/aapc_authors_michele_walker_letter.htm

--------------------------------

Hello There!

From the moment I stepped into the special ed. resource room back in the early '90's as an instructional aide, my life altered dramatically. The fifteen kids in that classroom soon came to look to me for guidance, advice and love. The second I realized this, teaching academic fundamentals took a distant second place.

Often, as I wrote my nonfiction newspaper articles on the side, I wondered if my words would have any meaningful impact on readers. But once I realized a novel that I passionately believed in was incubating in my soul, I stopped writing my articles and dedicated myself to Running on Dreams. (http://www.asperger.net/bookstore_9972.htm) It was, after all, my dreams I was pursuing as well. (read more by Herb Heiman...) http://www.asperger.net/aapc_authors_herb_heiman_letter.htm

------------------------------------------------------

April is National Autism Awareness Month. This year the Sensory Gang will help increase awareness about autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Throughout the month of April, www.asperger.net will provide you with tip sheets packed with information from some of our best-selling authors. You'll be able to download the information, print out copies, read them yourself and distribute them to organizations, teachers, parents, families, or friends.

Week of April 1:To kick off the month, AAPC will highlight information from our best-selling Practical Solutions Series.

Week of April 8:During the second week of National Autism Awareness Month, AAPC will help people with ASD and their families recognize and celebrate their unique qualities, learn practical strategies they may implement in their everyday lives, and read about others whose experiences may be similar to their own.

Week of April 15:Educators, medical personnel, and other professionals play an important role in the lives of people with ASD. For the third week of National Autism Awareness Month, print out tips for sharing strategies with or training your colleagues or the professionals who work with you or your child with ASD.

Week of April 22:Accepting and embracing differences can be a challenge. However, with the right tools amazing change can take place. For the final week of National Autism Awareness Month, read suggestions for how to help typically developing children and youth better understand ASD and the unique strengths and needs of their peers on the spectrum.

Plus all month long AAPC will offer great deals on our most popular titles.

Visit AAPC for more details.

Order in April and get a free Autism Awareness Magnet!Offer good while supplies last!See what's free at AOL.com.