RemedySpot.com

Update on struggle with eating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all, ' PCP found a doctor that would see and we had our 1st appointment Friday with him, Dr. Emery at Akron Children's. had lost another 3 pounds in 10 days and is down to 113 pounds. This places him in the 10th % for weight and 25% for height. Dr. wrote that he is now considered failure to thrive. I have never heard this used for a teen before. He order an Ab XRay to check his bowel and see if he is backed up bad. has been having trouble moving his bowels for the last 2 years. He said if he is backed up bad he would not feeling eating. Makes sense and frankly we never thought about this. He sent us home with a sample of Resource to see if would drink it. Up till now he has refused it. If we can get him to drink it he will be giving us a script for it. He will be drinking it 2X a day. We go back in 2 weeks and

meet with him, a speech therapist and dietitian. He will get a sensory eval at that time. We still feel very tense, helpless and worry so much about his overall health. The school reports that by 1 PM he is wiped out physically and has trouble staying in task. We see the samething at home on the weekend, or here of late all the snow days! He had 2 seizures on the 1st, one at school and 1 while we were being registered for the ER. His neruologist whats him to have a new neruo physiological exam done and this is schedule for April. This is due to a decreace in in speech and small motor function since the 1st. This has been such a hard journey and one of the most frustrating ones we have had to walk for sometime. There are days I just lock myself in our bedroom or my office and just cry. I know I am doing everything I can, but I never feel it is enough. Thanks for

letting me rumble. It has been a long day. Becky Becky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD Everybody has barriers and obstacles. If you look at them as containing fences that don't allow you to advance, then you're going to be a failure. If you look at them as hurdles that strengthen you each time you go over one, then you're going to be a success. Carson Surgeon

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.