RemedySpot.com

looking for a swim instructor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son (4 yrs. old) loves the water!!!!! He is so happy when we take him swimming at the rec center. I have been looking for a swim instructor to work with him for 2 years now and haven't found anyone who works with children with autism.

Does anyone know anyone?????? (We live in the Solon area.)

Thanks!

>

> My son (4 yrs. old) loves the water!!!!! He is so happy

when we take

> him swimming at the rec center. I have been looking for a swim

instructor to

> work with him for 2 years now and haven't found anyone who works

with

> children with autism.

>

> Does anyone know anyone?????? (We live in the Solon area.)

>

> Thanks!

>

>

Dear ,

I have twins with autism we go to Lifeworks Southwest General

Hospital, in Middleburgh Heights, Ohio. Our instructor for swimming

is Kashlouf, she is amazing with my twins, we have been going

a year they are 5 1/2 yrs old and they are swimming without any

floats or life jackets, is amazing. It may be a hike for you

she is well worth it! I also heard of a swimming thearapy in Hudson

through there Rec Center?

Sincerely,

Tracey

, I will check with this lifeguard I know from the YMCA at Hillcrest....She is super nice and has worked with spec needs children...and although she works there full time, she may be interested to do extra work for an hour or so every week. I will check with her when I see her....possibly by the end of the week....will let you know. LBarano710@... wrote: My son (4 yrs. old) loves the

water!!!!! He is so happy when we take him swimming at the rec center. I have been looking for a swim instructor to work with him for 2 years now and haven't found anyone who works with children with autism.Does anyone know anyone?????? (We live in the Solon area.)Thanks!

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

At Lifeworks Fitness Center in Hudson, there is a class called Splash -- it's specifically for special needs kids and taught by a lady named Beth Lattamie (sp?). I know the next round of classes begins on Feb. 11th -- I'm not sure if the classes are full yet, but I'll ask my husband for the contact information, as he is the one who takes our boys. Or, you may be able to call Lifeworks in Hudson and ask them.

--Suzanne

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:22 PM

Subject: [ ] looking for a swim instructor

My son (4 yrs. old) loves the water!!!!! He is so happy when we take him swimming at the rec center. I have been looking for a swim instructor to work with him for 2 years now and haven't found anyone who works with children with autism.

Thanks!

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Okay, all --

Here's the information from my husband, since he's the one who takes our boys. We're not sure if the winter session is filled, but they'll have more sessions -- even in the summer. Here's the flyer from the teacher:

--Suzanne

SWIM LESSONS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS WITH DISABILITIES

Happy Holidays SPLASH FANS!!

WINTER SPLASH 2007 WILL START ON FEBRUARY 11th AND RUN FOR 6 WEEKS.

The sessions will run for a half hour on Sundays somewhere between 2-6PM. Payment should be made on January 17th (orientation meeting) and then you can leave after paying (no need to hear what you have heard before about the overall program). I also do not need to reassess your child/teen.

Please call me on my voice message (even if you have emailed me). I like to have a double "receipt" (electronically and verbally) that you are interested in signing up.

I will be sending out a formal flyer about the SPLASH program to those of you who are administrators and are copied on this email. Sorry if you received this email more than once.

Thanks,

Beth Lattime

Director of SPLASH

330-655-2377 #156 (all answers to your unanswered questions are probably revealed on my long winded voice message)

Sent: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 7:49 AM

Subject: Re: [ ] looking for a swim instructor

At Lifeworks Fitness Center in Hudson, there is a class called Splash -- it's specifically for special needs kids and taught by a lady named Beth Lattamie (sp?). I know the next round of classes begins on Feb. 11th -- I'm not sure if the classes are full yet, but I'll ask my husband for the contact information, as he is the one who takes our boys. Or, you may be able to call Lifeworks in Hudson and ask them.

--Suzanne

Thanks!

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Suzanne, Is there a specific age range given for those who can participate? At our YMCA they won't start the calss unless the kid is like 5 y o. Thanks!! SBShaft@... wrote: Okay, all -- Here's the information from my husband, since he's the one who takes our boys. We're not sure if the winter session is filled, but they'll have more sessions -- even in the summer. Here's the flyer from the teacher: --Suzanne SWIM LESSONS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS WITH DISABILITIES Happy Holidays SPLASH FANS!! WINTER SPLASH 2007 WILL START ON FEBRUARY 11th AND RUN FOR 6 WEEKS. The sessions will run for a half hour on Sundays somewhere between 2-6PM. Payment should be made on January 17th (orientation meeting) and then you can leave after paying (no need to hear what you have heard before about the overall program). I also do not need to reassess your child/teen. Please call me on my voice message (even if you have emailed me). I like to have a double "receipt" (electronically and verbally) that you are interested in signing up. I will be sending out a formal flyer about the SPLASH program to those of you who are administrators and are copied on this email. Sorry if you received this email more than once. Thanks, Beth Lattime Director of SPLASH 330-655-2377 #156 (all answers to your unanswered questions are probably revealed on my long winded voice message) -----Original Message-----From: SBShaftaolTo: Sent: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 7:49 AMSubject: Re: [ ] looking for a swim instructor At Lifeworks Fitness Center in Hudson, there is a class called Splash -- it's specifically for special needs kids and taught by a lady named Beth Lattamie (sp?). I know the next round of classes begins on Feb. 11th -- I'm not sure if the classes are full yet, but I'll ask my husband for the contact information, as he is the one who takes our boys. Or, you may be able to call Lifeworks in Hudson and ask them. --Suzanne -----Original Message-----From: LBarano710aolTo: Sent: Wed, 10 Jan 2007

11:22 PMSubject: [ ] looking for a swim instructor My son (4 yrs. old) loves the water!!!!! He is so happy when we take him swimming at the rec center. I have been looking for a swim instructor to work with him for 2 years now and haven't found anyone who works with children with autism.Does anyone know anyone?????? (We live in the Solon area.)Thanks! Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and

security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

This is even available for preschoolers. I know that my youngest boy began when he was 4 years old.

--Suzanne

Sent: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:00 AM

Suzanne,

Is there a specific age range given for those who can participate? At our YMCA they won't start the calss unless the kid is like 5 y o.

Thanks!!

SBShaftaol wrote:

Okay, all --

Here's the information from my husband, since he's the one who takes our boys. We're not sure if the winter session is filled, but they'll have more sessions -- even in the summer. Here's the flyer from the teacher:

--Suzanne

SWIM LESSONS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS WITH DISABILITIES

Happy Holidays SPLASH FANS!!

WINTER SPLASH 2007 WILL START ON FEBRUARY 11th AND RUN FOR 6 WEEKS.

The sessions will run for a half hour on Sundays somewhere between 2-6PM. Payment should be made on January 17th (orientation meeting) and then you can leave after paying (no need to hear what you have heard before about the overall program). I also do not need to reassess your child/teen.

Please call me on my voice message (even if you have emailed me). I like to have a double "receipt" (electronically and verbally) that you are interested in signing up.

I will be sending out a formal flyer about the SPLASH program to those of you who are administrators and are copied on this email. Sorry if you received this email more than once.

Thanks,

Beth Lattime

Director of SPLASH

330-655-2377 #156 (all answers to your unanswered questions are probably revealed on my long winded voice message)

Sent: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 7:49 AM

--Suzanne

Thanks!

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.