RemedySpot.com

Fwd: A washingtonpost.com article

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Don't get me started: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/09/AR2007010901780.html District's HPV Proposal

Tinged With Ugly Assumptions By Courtland Milloy Let's say you have an 11-year-old daughter in D.C. public schools. She'll be a sixth-grader next year. You are reminded that she must be immunized before she will be allowed to return to school. She'll need the usual vaccinations against measles, rubella and chickenpox. But this time, there's another disease on the list, one the D.C. government is strongly urging your daughter be immunized against: the human papillomavirus, or HPV, which is sexually transmitted. After all, your daughter is 11 and probably black, so the assumption is she'll be having unprotected sex in no time -- but don't take offense.... Do you love D.C.? Get the insider's guide to where to stay, what to do and where to eat. Go to www.washingtonpost.com/cityguide for your guide to D.C. now. © 2007 The Washington Post Company | Privacy Policy

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

WOW!!! I will respond to this reporter maurineKurt Carolyn and Little Kurt <thefitzenreiterfamily@...> wrote: Don't get me started: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/09/AR2007010901780.html District's HPV Proposal Tinged With Ugly Assumptions By Courtland Milloy Let's say you have an 11-year-old daughter in D.C. public schools. She'll be a sixth-grader next year. You are reminded that she must be immunized before she will be allowed to return to school. She'll need the usual vaccinations against measles, rubella

and chickenpox. But this time, there's another disease on the list, one the D.C. government is strongly urging your daughter be immunized against: the human papillomavirus, or HPV, which is sexually transmitted. After all, your daughter is 11 and probably black, so the assumption is she'll be having unprotected sex in no time -- but don't take offense.... Do you love D.C.? Get the insider's guide to where to

stay, what to do and where to eat. Go to www.washingtonpost.com/cityguide for your guide to D.C. now. © 2007 The Washington Post Company | Privacy Policy Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Answers. Try it now.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

In case you did not see this on national news or CNN last night here is some info about this landmark case...and a great photo of Sandee, and Jeff too!

This is such an exciting day for all families with special needs!

We cannot thank the Winkelman Family and their lawyers enough for their tireless fight and incredible perseverance.

Take care,

Shari

Cleveland Chapter President CAN/AS28449 North Woodland RoadPepper Pike, Ohio 44124440-449-9922See what's free at AOL.com.

This page was sent to you by: karengoff@...Message from sender: From this a.m.'s Post....Parents of Disabled Child Win RulingBy The Supreme Court ruled yesterday that parents of disabled children do not have to hire lawyers to sue school districts when they attempt to ensure that their children's special needs are adequately met.Do you love D.C.? Get the insider's guide to where to stay, what to do and where to eat. Go to www.washingtonpost.com/cityguide for your guide to D.C. now.© 2007 The Washington Post Company | Privacy Policy

Guest guest

Hi Shari,

Thanks for letting me know about this. I was just thinking, since the weather is getting nicer, how about an informal get-together at a local playground for our families? I think the kids would enjoy it! I could see if they would be able to use Gilmour playground - lots of good playground equipment, a baseball diamond, and very few other kids there. My youngest child attends Gilmour, so I think it's a good possibility that we could use the playground.

Gail

On 5/22/07, sharigoldberg22@... <sharigoldberg22@...> wrote:

In case you did not see this on national news or CNN last night here is some info about this landmark case...and a great photo of Sandee, and Jeff too!

This is such an exciting day for all families with special needs!

We cannot thank the Winkelman Family and their lawyers enough for their tireless fight and incredible perseverance.

Take care,

Shari

Cleveland Chapter President CAN/AS28449 North Woodland RoadPepper Pike, Ohio 44124440-449-9922

See what's free at AOL.com.

---------- Forwarded message ----------From:

karengoff@...To: mjgjd@..., sharigoldberg22@...Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 08:30:57 -0400 (EDT)Subject: A

washingtonpost.com article from: karengoff@...

This page was sent to you by: karengoff@...

Message from sender: From this a.m.'s Post....

Parents of Disabled Child Win Ruling

By

The Supreme Court ruled yesterday that parents of disabled children do not have to hire lawyers to sue school districts when they attempt to ensure that their children's special needs are adequately met.

Do you love D.C.? Get the insider's guide to where to stay, what to do and where to eat. Go to

www.washingtonpost.com/cityguide for your guide to D.C. now. © 2007 The Washington Post Company | Privacy Policy