RemedySpot.com

Adrenals are not the problem for everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

berates me because I disagree with her blanket claim that Adrenals are the problem for a large majority of thyroid patients

That simply is not true

The patients represented on TPA are a portion of thyroid patients who for one reason or another have major problems which the blinkered and arrogant medical profession refuses to face

Some patients cannot tolerate Thyroxine

Some patients can tolerate one brand and not another brand

Some cannot tolerate T3

Some cannot tolerate a combination of Thyroxine and T3

Some cannot tolerate Westhyroid

Some cannot tolerate Armour

Some do indeed have an adrenal problem

Some have damaged Thyroid receptors

Some have originally had Graves Disease and thus have "normal blood results" and so are ignored by the medics because they fail to recognise the research done in Sweden many years ago which showed "normal for them is way way too low"

Some patients are also Coeliacs and once they are gluten free the meds will work

Theres a myriad of reasons why patients fail to get diagnosed or fail to get well

The difficulty is discovering what is right for each patient and fighting the Establishment in between

If all doctors went back to basics and relied solely on their eyes and ears and the diagnostic skills of old plus had not been hamstrung by dear Mrs T's attempts to cut the NHS budgets and be bamboozled by the Drug giants claiming Thyroxine was better than the UK version of Armour we might not be in this mess

When BTF started I was one of their 1st Co ordinators .........but i like many others dared to pass on questions from patients "why on Thyroxine do I still not feel well "

Response from their panel of Medical Advisors was "its nothing to do with thyroid "

I have lost count of how many BTF Co Ordinators bit the dust for the same crime !!!

I then was a Co Ordinator for TED ...........Sally who set up TED and ran it successfully for years while also gaining the support of Consultants who were not trapped in the "establishment "(Sally robustly refused point blank to join up with BTF ) Sally sadly became ill and much against many of our advice was bamboozled into handing over TED to an imposter ..........who promptly linked it into BTF

Thus the saga rolls on all these years later and the Establishment have learnt NOTHING

My 1st job in 1963 was assisting a doctor give RAI ..........the stories those patients told was horrendous

To then marry a man whose whole life has been wrecked by the combination of both Graves and Hashis running in tandem but the IDIOT Doctors failed to diagnose it and did a thyroidectomy which has caused furthur wreckage has given me an insight into Thyroid Disease in all its faces ..

I have read Dr P s books and the work of Broda ,Dr Lowe and many others and we even saw Dr P however his answers to my husbands ill health simply did not work