RemedySpot.com

If your child is Pressing or rubbing their eyes often.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If your child is Pressing or rubbing their eyes often.

I was talking with another mom today about her child pressing on their eyes and I thought I'd share what I told her.

, (Author of Special Diets for Special Kids) recommended to me several years ago that one reason why our children would press or often rub their eyes is that they may not be getting enough calcium. it's either not enough calcium or it's not being absorbed enough. The calcium supplement should have vitamin D and the child should also be taking a supplement for magnesium it would be great if there was a supplement with all 3 ingredients combined appropriately for their size and age. I also learned that taking the calcium supplement before bedtime is best absorbed during sleeping hours. Davey was pressing his eyes alot before I had spoken with her about it and after giving him the calcium supplement a day or so after he completely quit pressing on his eyes. So, I thought if anyone out there is wondering about it, I thought this could help. My son hasn't pressed his eyes since than. So I know it is what the matter was. I hope that this could help if anyone needs the info. I use a good grade of (hypoallergenic -meaning only calcium and Vit-D, no other ingredients) calcium powder with Vit-D and give a magnesium supplement with it. If after a few days your child is still pressing their eyes then the matter may need further investigation.

Yours Most Truly,

n