RemedySpot.com

Aspies meeting 9-18-07

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Make plans now to join us for what is sure to be a good time! ASPIES Greater Akron Support Group assisting parents of children with Asperger Syndrome, high functioning Autism, and PDD/NOS in conjunction with 8054 Darrow

Road, Building D, Suite 5 & 6, Twinsburg, OH 44087phone: 330-963-8600 will present another MEET & GREET “Bring your child to group

night†Considine Professional Building (across from

Akron Children’s Hospital Main Entrance) Floor 2 - Rooms 5 & 6 Tuesday, September 18th 6:30 - 8:30 pm Nevada , MD, DePolo, PsyD & Kelle DeBoth, MOT, OTR/L will provide games for the kids before presenting information about KidsLink to

the parents. Come see what new and exciting things they have to offer! Come join us for a time of fun and fellowship helping our kids make a connection with potential friends For further information, contact Joy Spencer 330-745-5115 Rreindeer@...Autism Awareness 1 in 150 children have autism Increase in last 11 years over 23,000% Cahoon Tristan's Mom age 7yr old autism

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone go to this meeting? Was it good? I really want to bring

my son sometime to a meet and greet session, but was busy last

Tuesday. Chris

--- In , Cahoon <michellecahoon@...>

wrote:

>

> Make plans now to join us for what is sure to be a good time!

>

> ASPIES Greater Akron

> Support Group assisting parents of children with

> Asperger Syndrome, high functioning Autism, and PDD/NOS

>

> in conjunction with

>

>

> 8054 Darrow Road, Building D, Suite 5 & 6, Twinsburg, OH 44087

> phone: 330-963-8600

>

> will present another

>

> MEET & GREET

>

> “Bring your child to group nightâ€

>

> Considine Professional Building

> (across from Akron Children’s Hospital Main Entrance)

> Floor 2 - Rooms 5 & 6

>

> Tuesday, September 18th

> 6:30 - 8:30 pm

>

>

> Nevada , MD, DePolo, PsyD & Kelle DeBoth, MOT,

OTR/L

> will provide games for the kids before presenting information

about KidsLink to the parents.

> Come see what new and exciting things they have to offer!

>

> Come join us for a time of fun and fellowship

> helping our kids make a connection with potential friends

>

>

> For further information, contact

> Joy Spencer 330-745-5115 Rreindeer@...

>

>

>

>

> Autism Awareness

> 1 in 150 children have autism

> Increase in last 11 years over 23,000%

>

> Cahoon

> Tristan's Mom age 7yr old autism

>

I considered going, however I just couldn't bring myself to take my daughter to a group called Aspies. I have a daughter with Asperger Syndrome, she is not an Aspie. I wish that people would take into consideration that people who have Asperger Syndrome HAVE it, not ARE it. Many people agree that Aspies is a dehumanizing term.

That being said, I'm sure that it is a fine group of people, who have unknowingly given their group a dehumanizing name. My issue isn't with the group, but the name of the group.

In a message dated 9/21/2007 1:59:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, picklespaw@... writes:

Did anyone go to this meeting? Was it good? I really want to bring my son sometime to a meet and greet session, but was busy last Tuesday. Chris>> Make plans now to join us for what is sure to be a good time!> > ASPIES Greater Akron> Support Group assisting parents of children with> Asperger Syndrome, high functioning Autism, and PDD/NOS> > in conjunction with> > > 8054 Darrow Road, Building D, Suite 5 & 6, Twinsburg, OH 44087> phone: 330-963-8600> > will present another > > MEET & GREET> > “Bring your child to group nightâ€Â> > Considine Professional Building > (across from Akron Children’s Hospital Main Entrance)> Floor 2 - Rooms 5 & 6> > Tuesday, September 18th> 6:30 - 8:30 pm> > > Nevada , MD, DePolo, PsyD & Kelle DeBoth, MOT, OTR/L > will provide games for the kids before presenting information about KidsLink to the parents.> Come see what new and exciting things they have to offer!> > Come join us for a time of fun and fellowship> helping our kids make a connection with potential friends > > > For further information, contact> Joy Spencer 330-745-5115 Rreindeer@...> > > > > Autism Awareness> 1 in 150 children have autism> Increase in last 11 years over 23,000%> > Cahoon> Tristan's Mom age 7yr old autism>

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.