RemedySpot.com

Re: Toys with lead paint

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was just thinking about this today and wondering if there is any link to autism!----- Original Message ----From: poellakj <poella@...> Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:32:34 PMSubject: [ ] Toys with lead paint

Are any of you concerned about all these toys they are finding with

lead paint? Do you think there are more toys from the past that

contain lead and what can we do about it? Our school system said they

will be testing for lead in the next few years. I read an article the

other day about many different companies (Barbie...Mattell) that are

now finding lead paint on their products.

Kiersten

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

What concerns me, is that most of our kitchenware, like dishes, are made in China. This is stuff that we eat off of, cook on, etc. The lead paint on toys concerns me very much, and I cannot help but wonder just how long this has been going on. Skidmorerebecca <bec1974@...> wrote: I was just thinking about this today and wondering if there is any link

to autism! ----- Original Message ----From: poellakj <poelladavidj (DOT) org> Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:32:34 PMSubject: [ ] Toys with lead paint Are any of you concerned about all these toys they are finding with lead paint? Do you think there are more toys from the past that contain lead and what can we do about it? Our school system said they will be testing for lead in the next few years. I read an article the other day about many different companies (Barbie...Mattell) that are now finding lead paint on their products.Kiersten Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

I wonder if there was lead in the past in or on the toys, would they really fess up to it?? And if they did, what could "we" do about it??? Could we take it to court and have them pay families for some or all of the therapy needed to help our children?? Or would be at least "releived" (for lack of a better term) that we at least know what has caused this epidimic?? Barb

----- Original Message ----From: rebecca <bec1974@...> Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 4:05:20 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Toys with lead paint

I was just thinking about this today and wondering if there is any link to autism!

----- Original Message ----From: poellakj <poelladavidj (DOT) org> @group s.comSent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:32:34 PMSubject: [ ] Toys with lead paint

Are any of you concerned about all these toys they are finding with lead paint? Do you think there are more toys from the past that contain lead and what can we do about it? Our school system said they will be testing for lead in the next few years. I read an article the other day about many different companies (Barbie...Mattell) that are now finding lead paint on their products.Kiersten

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Get a couple of lead testing kits from Home Depot or a store that

carries such items. Test everything, including your dishes,

especially if they are hand painted. Chances are, most dishes should

be safe, but testing them will help you rest easier. Also, don't

forget other sources such as older porcelain tubs, vinyl blinds (the

dust carries lead into the air) and older painted window sills.

I tested my bathtub (my home is old) and found it to be leaching

lead. I was just going to have it resurfaced, butI heard I can buy a

kit and do it myself for around $40.00. That'll be my husbands next

project...MY dd's house is older than mine, but her tub was fine.

Noah's urine toxic metals tests and RBC's continue to show that he

is excreting lead, so I'm thinking that toys could be a source...

Boy, what a world we live in, huh????

-Trish

> I was just thinking about this today and wondering

if there is any link to autism!

>

> ----- Original Message ----

> From: poellakj <poella@...>

>

> Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:32:34 PM

> Subject: [ ] Toys with lead paint

>

> Are any of you concerned about all these toys they are finding

with

> lead paint? Do you think there are more toys from the past that

> contain lead and what can we do about it? Our school system said

they

> will be testing for lead in the next few years. I read an article

the

> other day about many different companies (Barbie...Mattell) that

are

> now finding lead paint on their products.

>

> Kiersten

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your

pocket: mail, news, photos more.

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

> Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

>

It is very scary! And definitely something I'm concerned about.

~KIM~

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 12:32 PM

Subject: [ ] Toys with lead paint

Are any of you concerned about all these toys they are finding with lead paint? Do you think there are more toys from the past that contain lead and what can we do about it? Our school system said they will be testing for lead in the next few years. I read an article the other day about many different companies (Barbie...Mattell) that are now finding lead paint on their products.Kiersten

I haven't read extensively but my understanding is that lead poisoning can definitely lead to learning disabilities and behavioral difficulties, which are of course also characteristic of autism. My husband was just discussing this with our speech path, and she thinks some kids with lead poisoning can in fact be dx'd as autistic. I do know that our daughter at one point had slightly elevated lead levels in her blood. We are planning on having her blood levels retested.

-----Original Message----- From: rebecca Sent: Sep 6, 2007 4:05 PM Subject: Re: [ ] Toys with lead paint

I was just thinking about this today and wondering if there is any link to autism!

----- Original Message ----From: poellakj <poelladavidj (DOT) org> Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:32:34 PMSubject: [ ] Toys with lead paint

Very sobering. BARBARA COINER <barbcoiner@...> wrote: I wonder if there was lead in the past in or on the toys, would they really fess up to it?? And if they did, what could "we" do about it??? Could we take it to court and have them pay families for some or all of the therapy needed to help our children?? Or would be at least "releived" (for lack of a better

term) that we at least know what has caused this epidimic?? Barb ----- Original Message ----From: rebecca <bec1974 > Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 4:05:20 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Toys with lead paint I was just thinking about this today and wondering if there is any link to autism! ----- Original Message ----From: poellakj <poelladavidj (DOT) org>To:

@group s.comSent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:32:34 PMSubject: [ ] Toys with lead paint Are any of you concerned about all these toys they are finding with lead paint? Do you think there are more toys from the past that contain lead and what can we do about it? Our school system said they will be testing for lead in the next few years. I read an article the other day about many different companies (Barbie...Mattell) that are now finding lead paint on their products.Kiersten Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.