RemedySpot.com

Re: older children with autism 13 year old/Schools for children with Autism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My two boys are 14 and 13 and have ASD. We just received the diagnosis in March, so we are very new to this. Always had a feeling that something was not quite right. , 13, has been this way from the womb. Neither one of them could succeed in regular school, so we now have them in a parochial school here in Portage County. They are wonderful with the boys. I wished they had gone there since K-5. Skidmoremelefamily53 <melefamily53@...> wrote: Does anyone have a child who is in their

teens and on the autism spectrum. Most of the people I meet have younger children. Also, does anyone know if PHoenix Place or Phoenix Point which is run by PEP is a good choice for a child with autism for schooling. He doesn't fit in at the regular school and we are at wits end on where to send him.dd athes

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

St phs in Mogadore, OH. They have a webpage, http://stjoejets.com/ My son is on the higher functioning end of ASD, (autism with learning disability and dyslexia). He receives reading, math, spelling assistance and speech therapy. is Autisic with a lower over IQ of 82. He has different tendencies than , in which he tends to be more self destructive and angry, with extreme swings of frustration. He's improved with this, and receives similar special services that receives. It's an awesome small school with a great student/teacher ratio. You're welcome! :-) Gail Buffington <gailbuf@...> wrote: , Can you tell me the name of the school where your boys attend? Thank you! Gail

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.

Hello,

I have a 16 yr old with aspergers,adhd,diabetes,seizure

disorder. We haven’t had much luck with the public schools. We tried Summit Academy,which is for adhd/autism

kids but it was a nightmare.Right now we’re doing ohdela, which is a home

based charter school. The one school that I would recommend is lake center Christian,which

is located in Hartville and they are on the autism scholarship. The one thing

that has helped my son is the youth group at our church. There’s also

another boy there on the spectrum. Let me know if you’d like more info.

a

-----Original Message-----

[mailto: ] On Behalf

Of melefamily53

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007

3:32 PM

Subject: [ ] older children

with autism 13 year old/Schools for children with Autism

Does anyone have a child

who is in their teens and on the autism

spectrum. Most of the people I meet have younger children. Also, does

anyone know if PHoenix Place or Phoenix Point which is run by PEP is a

good choice for a child with autism for schooling. He doesn't fit in

at the regular school and we are at wits end on where to send him.dd

athes

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.12/979 - Release Date: 8/29/2007 8:21 PM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.12/979 - Release Date: 8/29/2007 8:21 PM

If your son is high functioning...check out Summit Academy

(www.summitacademies.com). They are a charter school that services

ONLY children with Aspergers/HFA/ADD/ADHD. It's a GREAT program!

Meghan

--- In , " melefamily53 " <melefamily53@...>

wrote:

>

> Does anyone have a child who is in their teens and on the autism

> spectrum. Most of the people I meet have younger children. Also,

does

> anyone know if PHoenix Place or Phoenix Point which is run by PEP is

a

> good choice for a child with autism for schooling. He doesn't fit in

> at the regular school and we are at wits end on where to send him.dd

> athes

>

Our is 17 today. As for Phoenix Place and Point. I do not remeber which order they go in. One is for younger kids one for teens- age out of school. I had a client whos son attends the program. The child was in not living with Mom here but living near the program. In comparing what they had to offer to what we have here education wise I was impressed. The class sizes were small, staff to student ratio I believe was above state standard. After reviewing the whole program and what is available to the kids as they age out this was the perfect school for him. I have lost contact with here but the last I ran into here, about a year ago, he was still in the program and doing great. Beckymelefamily53 <melefamily53@...> wrote: Does anyone have a child who is in their teens and on the autism spectrum. Most of the people I meet have younger children. Also, does anyone know if PHoenix Place or Phoenix Point which is run by PEP is a good choice for a child with autism for schooling. He doesn't fit in at the regular school and we are at wits end on where to send him.dd athes Becky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD TAKE A LOOK AT JAMES NEWEST PAGE http://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2007-08-25.3476193947

Got a little couch potato?

Check out fun summer activities for kids.