RemedySpot.com

Re: School changes are concerning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Becky - Sorry about replying so late. I've been rather busy. But what every came of the director's visit? Did the spec ed teacher start working on appropriate goals with ? Chris

HI is having surgery the 21st. He will be in Akron Childrens the 20th till at least the 24. As for school, The current school is looking at different curriculum to teach. They seem to be willing to make changes. I believe after the meeting this week they more clearly understand my views on things and are working on making changes. I got a call last night from his one on one aid, we had asked if she was willing to follow if we did move him back into the public school. Sadly if she did that she would loss her benefits and take a pay cut. So she will not be able to. This makes things much harder. We are so blessed to have an aid for that totally gets him and she reads him like a book. She is able to get him to do things when he really rather not. She gives him the wait time he needs to process when things are moving along to fats for him and she has helped the other staff understand this and

the concept of transitioning being a real problem not just a mood kid. We are have agreed to wait and see what kind of changes they will make before the end of October. If we do not see any and they can not give us a clear answer to what we feel is a big problem, we will than have to start talks about transitioning to the high school. So for now we are in a wait and see mood. Even if we do decide in the end to move I was able to get the education supervisor to admit that they need to update and step up some of their programing for the MRDD students that are higher functioning. I do know they agreed to take a look at the material the high school is usin. BeckyBecky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD TAKE A LOOK AT JAMES NEWEST PAGE http://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2007-08-25.3476193947

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.