RemedySpot.com

Re:School changes are concerning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Becky! Feel free to vent! Do you mind if I ask a question? Did the school ever evaluate 's ability to read? Did his IEP include reading goals? Did the school send you progress reports on those reading skills goals? Surely there is a reading evaluation that would prove where 's reading ability is, or a progress report! Perhaps you could mention to the director of special services or to the principal that you will have to request the school perform a multi-factored evaluation for if the teacher insists on teaching upper and lower case letters, something obviously below his ability!! Maybe that would wake someone up! Chris

LOL..funny you should say this. I met with the director of sp ed today. She has known since he started pre school. She was ripped. When I arrived she was working on locating a sp ed teacher for a new classroom. If she can locate one and get them hired they will be openng another class and there will be room for at the high school. In the meantime, she is making a surprise visit tomorrow during reading class and bringing ,, MFE, IEP, Last years report card, where this same teacher taught him reading and have a sit down with her and the head of the school. When I told her that the teacher had him matching large case to small case letter her month dropped, once she closed it she said " mastered this at 7, has he had another bad siezure we do not knw about?" I state no and she tells me she will do the drop in. BeckyC M <picklespaw@...> wrote: Hi, Becky! Feel free to vent! Do you mind if I ask a question? Did the school ever evaluate 's ability to read? Did his IEP include reading goals? Did the school send you progress reports on those reading skills goals? Surely there is a reading evaluation that would prove where 's reading ability is, or a progress report! Perhaps you could mention to the director of special services or to the principal that you will have to request the school perform a multi-factored evaluation for if the teacher insists on teaching upper and lower case letters, something

obviously below his ability!! Maybe that would wake someone up! ChrisBecky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD TAKE A LOOK AT JAMES NEWEST PAGE http://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2007-08-25.3476193947

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.