RemedySpot.com

having surgery update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We met today with the surgeon concerning the Malone procedure. He reviewed all the test and films and history. He agrees is a good candidate for this procedure. He started explaining it to Bob & I and I stopped him. I told him "We are trying to teach that he is responsible for his medical. He will be 17 tomorrow, please explain what you will be doing to him, it is his body" The doc was fine with this. He drew it all out for . He had a hard time explaining the appendix..LOL.. but after drawing it all out explaining how it would word and re assuring that after surgery no more NG clean-out, was okay with it, As we are leaving stops and turns to the doc again and says " You promised no tube?" Doc re-assured him again. will be admitted to Akron Children's the morning of the 20th. He WILL have to have the NG clean out started at that time. They have to clean the bowel out before surgery.

Surgery will be the 21st and we are shooting for discharge on the 23rd. We came home and worked up planning calendar for his hospital stay. He is insisting if he comes home on Monday he can attend football practice on Wednesday. I told him to wait and see. When he had his last surgery on his legs he had a paper route. Bob/me would go with him to help him stay socially appropriate and personaly safe. He had delivered to a senior citizen complex and had about 30 customers. There was still snow on the ground and he would only take a week off. After that week we could not live with him. We took him to deliver and he delivered in his wheelchair. I am sure we will face the same bull headedness this time around. Becky Becky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR,

ADHD TAKE A LOOK AT JAMES NEWEST PAGE http://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2007-08-25.3476193947

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.