RemedySpot.com

Re: Tactics for Agressive behavior?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You can pick and choose your battles. If he doesn't want to wear pull ups, maybe they bother him in some way and he doesn't have the verbal skills to explain that to you. Is there something else that you can use?

When my daughter was this age it was VERY hard, I remember many days of tears and sadness (for both of us). At one point I decided that I would no longer do battle w/ her. If she didn't want to get dressed, she didn't. If she didn't want to eat, she didn't. After a week of completely backing off, I started introducing things one at a time. There were days that my only goal for her for the day was putting on socks. Every week I would introduce something else. It worked VERY well, it was slow, but it worked. She was able to experience some power and control over herself, yet she also learned step by small step that there are things that she has to do.

She is now 8 years old, and a great kid who just happens to be autistic. She has also been 100% free of psychiatric drugs.

See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Whatever you do...keep the GFCF diet going. It can be better than any

therapy you will ever have! I found that any time my son eats nitrates,

like in hot dogs, he gets very aggressive. So we never let him eat any

nitrates at all.

Your son sounds like he's wanting to get his way. Have you tried

walking away and ignoring his tantrums completely? It might work if

he's trying to get attention.

Chris

wrote:

>

> Hello -

> Our son has who's approximately 34 mos old has lately become more

> agressive - when he wants something his way and doesn't get it he

> becomes extremely agressive and destructive.

>

> Temper tantrums to the max! He will throw things, kick, scratch.

> Sometimes, I know it's because he has limited verbal skills and

> other times because he doesn't understand what is going on. But

> other times it's simply because he doesn't want to do something, ie -

> putting and leaving pull ups on.

>

> Anyone have any ideas? It's getting so where it almost takes 2 of

> us to hold him down to get pull ups and then tighter jean shorts on

> him so he keeps his clothes on. We don't want to use meds if

> possible, but if it continues we may not have a choice. He's on a

> GFCF diet, and has done really well with that.

>

> Thanks for any input.

>

>

Guest guest

Re. diet, what I am also reading is that soy free is often just as helpful than gluten and dairy free..... Christie Funderburk <sunshinefun@...> wrote: Whatever you do...keep the GFCF diet going. It can be better than any therapy you will ever have! I found that any time my son eats nitrates, like in hot dogs, he gets very aggressive. So we never let him eat any nitrates at all. Your son sounds like he's wanting to get his way. Have you tried walking away and ignoring his tantrums

completely? It might work if he's trying to get attention. wrote:>> Hello -> Our son has who's approximately 34 mos old has lately become more> agressive - when he wants something his way and doesn't get it he> becomes extremely agressive and destructive.>> Temper tantrums to the max! He will throw things, kick, scratch.> Sometimes, I know it's because he has limited verbal skills and> other times because he doesn't understand what is going on. But> other times it's simply because he doesn't want to do something, ie -> putting and leaving pull ups on.>> Anyone have any ideas? It's getting so where it almost takes 2 of> us to hold him down to get pull ups and then tighter jean shorts on> him so he keeps his clothes on. We don't want to use meds if> possible, but if it continues we may not have a choice. He's on a> GFCF diet,

and has done really well with that.>> Thanks for any input.>>

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.

Guest guest

, Also try introducing something very very reinforcing once he does have his pull-ups on and when he is gentle/appropriate. You also can try to use signs and visuals (photos) to help your son understand what's going on and also he could perhaps express himself by handing you pics. You can prepare him in advance for what's coming next by showing him a pull-up diaper? He may have a diff. time tolerating the material.....but he has to have them on. Maybe give him two or three different kinds of diapers to chose from? This usually works well for my son... Good luck! <jrtisevich@...> wrote: Hello -Our son has who's approximately 34 mos old has lately become more agressive - when he wants something his way and doesn't get it he becomes extremely agressive and destructive.Temper tantrums to the max! He will throw things, kick, scratch. Sometimes, I know it's because he has limited verbal skills and other times because he doesn't understand what is going on. But other times it's simply because he doesn't want to do something, ie -putting and leaving pull ups on. Anyone have any ideas? It's getting so where it almost takes 2 of us to hold him down to get pull ups and then tighter jean shorts on him so he keeps his clothes on. We don't want to use meds if

possible, but if it continues we may not have a choice. He's on a GFCF diet, and has done really well with that.Thanks for any input.

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.