RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: [Autismohio] Questions for the Groups

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm not sure who the candidates are; however, I know of one who has made it thru a few of the interviews and this person is NOT someone I want - I've had to deal with her in the past and she makes you feel like you are taking up her valuable time.

One of our resource/intervention teachers only made it to the second round this time and SHE is wonderful - very in tune to parents and their children's needs. Last time this position came up she made it thru three rounds - makes me very concerned who the board feels are the "top" candidates.

Thanks for your input Jackie!

Becky

----- Original Message -----

Sent: 6/11/2007 11:19:49 AM

Subject: [sPAM] [ ] Re: [Autismohio] Questions for the Groups

That's great that they're including you!Sally had really good suggestions, I would also ask about their discipline policy, esp in regard to special needs kids.Also if it's an elementary, you might keep in mind their personality/demeanor with younger kids vs older. When ours retired, they just bumped over the HS principal who is a discipline principal (my way or highway type) -he was actually my jr high gym teacher (and he was very intimidating to me then). He's has no understanding or patience for kids who don't fall into line, fit into the mold, whether intentional not to or not. He talks down to the kids, not at their level (actually talks down to everyone, unless they're the gym teacher or athletic parents). Anyway...Good LuckJackie