RemedySpot.com

Specal Education Voucher Bill-HB 119

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am asking that all Ohioans to step in and help out with this important issue. HB 119The Republican version of the senate bill that Jenna and I have provided testimony before the Senate Committee has just been released. The republican version took out the special education voucher bill--for now. I urge all those in Ohio to write to the Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee (Senator Carey) NOW!I was also told by Senator that anyone who can give testimony in Columbus to do so. The Committee will be hearing testimony on Thursday and Friday. This is so important to all the children and families in Ohio. This will relieve many parents from due process and endless battles for their children. It is a good start to the step in the right direction.Once the senate passes their version of the

bill it will go to a "committee" for adjustments prior to the Governor. There is still a possibility to get the spec ed vouchers written back in--it does take some bells and whistles--lots of noise!! Lets make some noise. We need to get out there and make our voices heard.I am planning to return to Columbus on Friday. Anyone interested in going along, please let me know.Thank you so much.Please feel free to forward this email without my permission.In Solidarity,Sandee WinkelmanFor those who would like to call or write Mr. Carey here is his information: Republican 17th District Address:Senate BuildingRoom #127, First FloorColumbus, Ohio 43215Telephone: 614/466-8156Email: sd17@... Hometown: Wellston Current Term: Expires December 2010. Senate member since January 2003. Ineligible to run for another four-year term. Previous Elected Experience: Mayor of Wellston (1988-1994), State Representative (1995-2002) Occupation: Full-time legislator Education: B.S., Political Science, Ohio University Committees: Agriculture; Education; Finance and Financial Institutions (Chair); Joint Legislative Ethics Committee; Rules; State and Local Government and Veterans Affairs; State Controlling Board Sponsored Bills Honors/Awards: County Trustees' Man of the Year (2003); National Republican Legislator of the Year (2002); United Conservatives of Ohio - Watchdog of the Treasury; Friend of Rural Water, Vern Riffe Leadership Award for MRDD; AMVETS Legislator of the Year Affiliations: Farm Bureau; Township Trustees Association; Hope United Methodist Church