RemedySpot.com

A New : Check out Room4Debate : The Time and Place for a debate

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To All and any Members:

In Leiu of a needed place for debating out issues, maybe this could be helpful? I think it's justifyable that people need to express themselves to convey beliefs or to get something off their chest. Maybe this would be a good place for anyone needing this since it takes so much communication and expression.

It's ok to express yourself. Debating has been helpful in alot of respects. Debating helps to bring understanding and knowledge. With debates alot of communication and expression has to occur. Debating may take a great deal of email communications to work through something this is why it is best to have a designated board for it. (link is below for the group.)

Groups Description:

This group is designed for debates and ranting. People can hash out disputes or just rant, (with Respect) Remember that everyone has their own opinion and belief. This is all about expressive communication and not beating anyone or any issue up.

With Debating there has to be some Rules:

For Debating: Do your research before attempting to debate an issue. Always say if it is in your "opinion" or "therory." Refering facts: quote articles by title, date and publication or in part so someone can look it up. Ranting: needs no research but you must say you are just ranting.

Hot Debates most often cause anger and it is expected that there will be some words. Here are some tips to reduce anger; always re-read comments and replies before replying back or ask someone to interpret what you read to make sure that it is what you thought. Depending on the circumstance, if it is what you thought and you are very angry, it's best to walk away until you feel better. Or write it out and save to send later. Later re-read it/or edit before you send it.

This is open forum so don't take anything personal. If it seems personal ask about it. This is Not a group for challenging debates mixed with extreme anger and emotions; I repeat "Not".

At times there may not be enough expression or information to avoid missunderstanding what someone say's or implies. Remember; Most people don't intend on offending anyone.

We're all people who want to express our opinions and beliefs. A good debate can reveal ideas and thoughts without injuring another person with insults or blame etc. It may help to think through and write what you feel in your journal as harsh as you wish, than re-write until you have a respectable debate piece to submit to the group.

Remember, you're views and opinions are just as important as everyone else.

Anyone wishing to begin a topic for debate may join the group by first agreeing to the conditions and rules. Just click on the link and hit "join this group".

Click here: Room4Debate : The Time and Place for a debate

Guest guest

I'm just asking but what is it about NE Ohio women that we cannot take a vigorous debate? Noone is calling anyone names or attacking anyone personally that I can see.

People disagree, there is value in conflict, allowing people to express their divergent views. I learn best when I hear two people debate an issue.

I have no stomach for personal attacks, but debate is a different matter. Who said this group was to be a nicey nice "atta girl" 100% of the time? Is that a rule? If so, please let me know.

Conflict is an inevitable part of LIFE, we all have to or should learn to deal with it as we grow up and mature.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:38 PM

Subject: [ ] A New group: Check out Room4Debate : The Time and Place for a debate

To All and any Members: In Leiu of a needed place for debating out issues, maybe this could be helpful? I think it's justifyable that people need to express themselves to convey beliefs or to get something off their chest. Maybe this would be a good place for anyone needing this since it takes so much communication and expression. It's ok to express yourself. Debating has been helpful in alot of respects. Debating helps to bring understanding and knowledge. With debates alot of communication and expression has to occur. Debating may take a great deal of email communications to work through something this is why it is best to have a designated board for it. (link is below for the group.) Groups Description: This group is designed for debates and ranting. People can hash out disputes or just rant, (with Respect) Remember that everyone has their own opinion and belief. This is all about expressive communication and not beating anyone or any issue up. With Debating there has to be some Rules: For Debating: Do your research before attempting to debate an issue. Always say if it is in your "opinion" or "therory." Refering facts: quote articles by title, date and publication or in part so someone can look it up. Ranting: needs no research but you must say you are just ranting. Hot Debates most often cause anger and it is expected that there will be some words. Here are some tips to reduce anger; always re-read comments and replies before replying back or ask someone to interpret what you read to make sure that it is what you thought. Depending on the circumstance, if it is what you thought and you are very angry, it's best to walk away until you feel better. Or write it out and save to send later. Later re-read it/or edit before you send it. This is open forum so don't take anything personal. If it seems personal ask about it. This is Not a group for challenging debates mixed with extreme anger and emotions; I repeat "Not". At times there may not be enough expression or information to avoid missunderstanding what someone say's or implies. Remember; Most people don't intend on offending anyone. We're all people who want to express our opinions and beliefs. A good debate can reveal ideas and thoughts without injuring another person with insults or blame etc. It may help to think through and write what you feel in your journal as harsh as you wish, than re-write until you have a respectable debate piece to submit to the group. Remember, you're views and opinions are just as important as everyone else. Anyone wishing to begin a topic for debate may join the group by first agreeing to the conditions and rules. Just click on the link and hit "join this group". Click here: Room4Debate : The Time and Place for a debate

Guest guest

, I have lived in MA, KS, IL, and OH. Nowhere have I found

people open to debate unless they specifically sign up for a group that

is meant to function that way.

Anyway, recently, I had a thought about conflict and children. More

and more I have seen my peers use TV/video games to help their

children 'get along' when conflict between kids is inevitable, and

simply telling them to go express themselves and solve it on their own

works so well. I LOVE seeing kids really play where no tv and video

games are involved, but I am in such a minority! When my kids

disagree, I sit them across from eachother, tell them to solve it, and

that until they solve it, nobody can get up.

I don't care what their solution is - as long as they are all happy.

Through reading debate boards I stopped vaccinating my kids. Watching

others talking about stuff that I had no clue about sparked my interest

to go out and research it on my own, and then I became one of those

fruitcakes that I once privately made fun of.

>

> I'm just asking but what is it about NE Ohio women that we cannot

take a vigorous debate? Noone is calling anyone names or attacking

anyone personally that I can see.

>

> People disagree, there is value in conflict, allowing people to

express their divergent views. I learn best when I hear two people

debate an issue.

>

> I have no stomach for personal attacks, but debate is a different

matter. Who said this group was to be a nicey nice " atta girl " 100% of

the time? Is that a rule? If so, please let me know.

>

> Conflict is an inevitable part of LIFE, we all have to or should

learn to deal with it as we grow up and mature.

>

>

Guest guest

----- Original Message -----

, I have lived in MA, KS, IL, and OH. Nowhere have I found people open to debate unless they specifically sign up for a group that is meant to function that way.

Hi LJ,

Thanks for your comments. Where is it written that this group is not for debating on topic comments? Not trying to be flippant, but was there a memo sent out that I didn't get?Anyway, recently, I had a thought about conflict and children. More and more I have seen my peers use TV/video games to help their children 'get along' when conflict between kids is inevitable, and simply telling them to go express themselves and solve it on their own works so well. I LOVE seeing kids really play where no tv and video games are involved, but I am in such a minority! When my kids disagree, I sit them across from eachother, tell them to solve it, and that until they solve it, nobody can get up.

Yes, great way to handle it, and you don't run around while they are discussing things wringing your hands and getting all flustered because they are having a disagreement?

Lucky kids that they can see that conflict is an inevitable part of living with people and that they have an outlet for it. To enable them to discuss things and eventually come to a solution, that's a huge part of how we learn to live with others, again, as long as it doesn't turn into name calling and get personal.I don't care what their solution is - as long as they are all happy.Through reading debate boards I stopped vaccinating my kids. Watching others talking about stuff that I had no clue about sparked my interest to go out and research it on my own, and then I became one of those fruitcakes that I once privately made fun of.

You make some good points, thanks for weighing in.

>> I'm just asking but what is it about NE Ohio women that we cannot take a vigorous debate? Noone is calling anyone names or attacking anyone personally that I can see.> > People disagree, there is value in conflict, allowing people to express their divergent views. I learn best when I hear two people debate an issue.> > I have no stomach for personal attacks, but debate is a different matter. Who said this group was to be a nicey nice "atta girl" 100% of the time? Is that a rule? If so, please let me know.> > Conflict is an inevitable part of LIFE, we all have to or should learn to deal with it as we grow up and mature.> >