RemedySpot.com

's introduction.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

We have a new member and she wrote to me and asked if I would post what she had written to me. She has a hard time with typing long letters so she asked if I wouldn't mind posting the letter. Sorry I didn't post this yesterday. She's already kind of introduced herself. But here is some of what she wrote to me for her introduction:

I'm not sure of what all she wanted included so I'll start with this part. can add more if she likes, I asked here about her ID because it mentioned the vintage or antique part: btw: this is a very nice letter and I appreciate all her thoughts.

I'm in Hubbard, Ohio which borders Mahoning County Ohio and Mercer County Pa.

Hubbard is about halfway between Cleveland, Ohio and Pittsburgh, Pa.

I'm just northeast of Youngstown, Ohio and just off of Route 80.

There is a map om my website's contact page.

If you ever in thwe area, let me know. The best days to visit would be the days I'm open because I can't go anywhere - LOL - That is Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00 to 4:30.

I own a little Vintage & Gift Shop in the front of my house.

I have a few antiques, but I am not an expert so I now call my "older" things Vintage that way no one things I'm trying to fool them.

When I started my website, I thought I would have more of a focus on antiques, but I can't compete at the auctions with collectors and still make ANY kind of profit - so I buy whatever I can that I think is a little different. Or, if my customers have asked me to carry something in peticular like vintage fabric, hats, aprons, hankies and Avon bottles ... . I am starting to get a nice collection of these for them to choose from.

I am VERY much into organic gardening and I even use many of my herbs, flowers ... in my soaps and bath "Teas" and other things that I make.

Between the Asperger's that my son has and the other genetic disorder that me and all 3 of my kids have, I try to make sure our food and our environment is as healthy as I can make it. We have either a form of Marfan Syndrome or Ehler's Danlos Syndrome. The doctors aren't sure as these are similar. Both are connective tissue dissorders. The tissue weakens and fails. There are two main forms/(areas of failure) of these, one is commonly deadly because it effects the aorta - this is how my brother died at age 30. The other mostly effects joints, eyes, lungs... and usually isn't as deadly, but causes the body to breakdown and age faster. It is debilitating. I am 45 and cannot stand, walk or use my hands for more than a few minutes at a time - on a GOOD day maybe a half hour or so.

My son seems to be more like my brother :(

My 2 daughters seem to so far be more like me. We are clumsy, fall down a lot, drop things ... and of course mine is the worst of the 3 of us because I am older and did not know to be careful with my body when I was younger.

Sooooooooooooooo, to get back on the possitive side of things again, I think it is very important for everyone to do whatever they can to live as healthy as they can be no matter what kind of genetic "soup" they came from ;)

I tell everyone who will listen about the importance of avoiding chemicals in our food, water, air, and even out of the products we use on our bodies and in our homes.

I put a lot of tips and other organic gardening help on my website if you know someone who could use them.

I also have quite a bit of recycling information on my site too.

I am not too far from a rather large Amish area. My daughter goes there and buys hand-loomed rugs off of a very old man and I put these in my shop. My customers LOVE them and so do I. While she is there, I have her get REAL cow and goat's milk too.

Right now, I don't have chickens or my own goats yet. I hope I can soon, but it is hard to do when you're basically on your own - hubby is NOT interested in farm life - even on a small scale like mine would be. The kids like to help "When it's fun".

Well, I suppose I've typed enough for now my hands are telling me.

have a good day,

P.S.

Please feel free to post this entire Email as my intro to the group to save me some typing :)