RemedySpot.com

OT? Gifted programs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know alot of the Aspie kids fall into the gifted category, so I'm asking those who do have gifted programs, What type of things does your sd do for these kids?

I was thinking about the poster who was asking for suggestions for sped kids & her PTO (becky I think) and was thinking about things to take to our PTO for the Sped kids & gifted program.

Our sd only has what's called a "thinking class" for the kids in Elem 3rd & 4th graders (separately but kids are selected by teachers of previous year, who 'think' this kid or that should go -which is about the way our sd does things). The teacher/coordinator has asked PTO for help in past which amounted to funds to get 'juggling' materials (which was denied) and money for middle school play, which my son reported one day that he spent the 'thinking class' painting sets for the play. Cheap labor I guess. Needless to say he wasn't too happy to have to get out of a class to do that!

So I'm wondering what other sd gifted programs entail?

Thanks,

Jackie