Thank you all for the warm welcome. My wife and I have much to learn

about Autism and all the treatments, diets, and therapies that you all

are using.

I would like to ask some advice on my sons big four. Bathtime and or

hair washing, teeth brushing, poop on the potty, and haircuts. No

matter what we try these four events end in a meltdown. Thank you for

any help you can give.

Ross.

I'm a little behind in emails so I'm not sure what response you've received on these issues. These issues have been all over the board so you may want to check the archives first and then get into more specifics. Also, since you are dealing w/hyperlexia, I highly recommend that you join a hyperlexia site (hyperlex and H_P_N - these are two that I am a member of) for more specifics to our kids. For all four issues you will need to do the social stories. I have found with my wonderkid w/hyperlexia, the specifics work better. For example, take a picture of your son's toothbrush, a picture of him brushing, etc. Be specific about and put in the story any of his "hyperlexia quirks" - this has helped me tremendously over the years - rather than just a basic social story. And.......since I'm just down the street :o) give me a ring and I can give you more specifics - or stop me when you see the dog walking me. I am starting a new job next week so you may have to catch me in the evening but don't hesitate to call!

Becky

----- Original Message -----

Sent: 10/13/2007 8:42:14 AM

Subject: [ ] Thank you and, a little help.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My wife and I have much to learn about Autism and all the treatments, diets, and therapies that you all are using.I would like to ask some advice on my sons big four. Bathtime and or hair washing, teeth brushing, poop on the potty, and haircuts. No matter what we try these four events end in a meltdown. Thank you for any help you can give. Ross.