RemedySpot.com

Changes at ASO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Friend of ASO:

Change is good - and some changes have come to ASO!

ASO has finished a strategic planning process and we are plotting a course that will take us into the future. We have revised our mission and vision statements - they follow my signature. We have formed new committees that will better address the goals we have set for ourselves. And we have developed a transition plan for the leadership of the ASO.

I have served as President of the ASO since 2002. My duties as president have evolved from running board meetings to serving as an unpaid executive director. The duties of the job of president have grown to the point that finding one person to fill the position will be difficult. We hope to transition to paid staff in the future, but until that time, we are going to be dividing the current duties of president between two people.

ASO will have two "co-presidents" myself and Sawan Caruso. I will continue to work in the following roles:

- Maintain up to date email broadcast list for information to ASA chapters and independent autism groups- Monitor creation of new autism groups in the state- Get updates on Federal Legislation for broadcast and ASO's website- Work on legislative initiatives with legislators - Attend/initiate meetings related to legislative development- Meet as necessary with various department heads regarding legislative or administrative changes- Chair the Ohio Autism Coalition and run meetings for that organization- Maintain contact with other disability organizations throughout the state- Work with other organizations to form strategic partnerships

- Sort, edit and distribute email updates from various sources

will assume the following duties:

- Run ASO Board meetings and related meetings- Handle specifics of ASO Board operation- Handle any specific correspondence from the ASO office or askASO email address- Maintain correspondence with all Chapters and Chapter Leaders- Act as liaison between chapters and ASA as necessary- Coordinate all efforts related to an ASO Conference, either stand alone, or in collaboration with other groups

If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the changes at ASO, please do not hesitate to contact either or myself.

Sincerely,

Barbara C. Yavorcik, Sawan CarusoCo-PresidentsAutism Society of Ohio701 S. Main St.Akron, OH 44311(330) 376-0211fax: (330) 376-1226email: askASO@...home: byavorcik@...

home: dmcaruso@...web: www.autismohio.org

Mission Statement

“The mission of ASO is to provide a unified voice on a statewide and national level for individuals with ASD, their families and service providers through information dissemination, advocacy, support of local organizations, and the influence of public policy to empower persons with ASD to reach their maximum potential and inclusion in the community.â€

Vision Statement

“The ASO will be regarded as the representative voice for the collective needs of individuals with ASD and their families in the state of Ohioâ€

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.