RemedySpot.com

1st day with football team

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well today was 1st day with the football team. Practice started at 3 but we did not arrive until 4. This gave the coach time to tell the team about . was so excited until he got out of the van. Anxiety set in fast. We took our time walking over to the practice field. would stop and grab my arm so hard I thought for sure I would have bruises. We gave him his time to adjust and he would start to walk again. Than stop again. We finally were in front of the field, but up against the school building. We sat there for about 1ominutes when one of the assistance coaches came over and introduced himself and invited to join the team on the side line. said "No thanks, not now" I explained to the coach it may take a few trips just watching the guys before would feel safe be next to the

team, He said no problem. About 5 minutes later the whole team lined up and walked over to . They all said "hi , welcome to the team' a couple off them introduced themselves. I explained to them that the autism makes social situations hard for to read, but once he was used to coming here and seeing you all he will have an easier time. The quarter back told you take all the time you want buddy, we will be here everyday looking for. They then went back to the field. continued to watch then and look for bugs. Shortly the head coach yells over "Hey , you want to get the water turned on for the guys?" loves feeling like he is helping an dloves playing in water more. He walked over to the watering line and turned it on, and stood back a litle bit. The team then walked over, drank and wet their heads.

found this very funny. He turned it back off and this time wanted to stand closer to the line. We sat there watching the guys. When the next water break came coach asked him again to get the water ready and gets right up and starts the water. This time though he puts his hand out to a couple of the guys and gives them 5's. Practice was almost over and was standing on the sideline with the other boys.! It was time to go and he waited for the coach to come over and told the coach "see you next Wednesday" The coach asked if he would be back next Thrusday and said "you stuck with me" LOL. Overall it was a pretty good 1st day. He has agreed that I can pick him up at school so he could be here when the guys arrive. The 1st home game next Friday, don't know if will feel ready to be on the side line for

that game. We are going to let us know when he feels okay for this. Boy overall I think it was a really cool day and he enjoyed it BeckyBecky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD TAKE A LOOK AT JAMES NEWEST PAGE http://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2007-08-25.3476193947

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.