RemedySpot.com

Iodised salt ~ Sainsbury's don't appear to stock it

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It looks like Sainsbury's are avoiding stock of any iodised salts.Can that be true?

After the fiasco with Boots mis-labelling their selenium supplement in milligrams not micrograms ~ then having to withdraw the entire stock and re-do their website description....

.....nothing surprises me any more.

I wonder if there's a concerted effort to re-introduce compulsory

'Derbyshire Neck' ......whilst at the same time denying proper education to the new doctors straight out of medical school.......the only thing they need to know about thyroid disease is, 'here, take this tablet for the rest of your life'....that is, if they managed to attend that lecture, stayed awake, took some notes, bothered to revise for the exam, still retained the information five years later......etc

I've got news for the doctors that didn't listen......

plus ca change......your predecessors didn't listen either !

and while we're talking about memory ~ it's probably best if you study the work that Professor SL Lightman has done over the last few years.........concerning mineralocortocoid and glucocorticoid receptors in the brain.

a) that'll avoid you mis-understanding what depression is all about

B) it might help explain why all the patients that you put on anti-depressants seem to become addicted to them, and keep coming back with more and more symptoms that you didn't expect and/or were told to dismiss by that very attractive young lady from drug company X, Y and Z, ~ they all said much the same thing 'keep prescribing the tablets' ~ the symptoms are part of the original condition....and they'll go away eventually ( they won't ) if only you keep prescribing ( and we'll check up that you do ~ via the Prescription Pricing Authority reports ) OUR tablets .

If it helps to understand some more, most of the symptoms that depressed people get are attributable to the HPA axis ...

HPA ~ Hypothalamus Pituitary Adrenal axis

and its malfunction.

Well, I won't bore you with the details ......

so, between not being able to properly care for thyroid patients and over-prescribing anti-depressants......is there anything else which a bit of on-the-job learning might help ...?

With the advent of personalised medicine, it might be useful to know if the patient has any problems within the family that point to a possible genetic risk.......ah, you missed the genetics lectures as 'boring' ~ ~ shame really, you won't be equipped to provide any services for your patients, if you don't know the first thing about genetics ~ in the new age of 'personalised medicine'.....

Perhaps you would like to take advantage of a super-resourced sabbatical, funded by your own favourite 'supplier'.......see, I knew it paid to be ignorant....