RemedySpot.com

RE: PLEASE advise!!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Feel free to contact me off list. jswinky@...

Sandee winkelman ohio mom

--------------------

This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) only and may contain privleged,

confidential, or propriety information that is exempt from disclosure under law.

-----Original Message-----

; AutismOhio

Sent: 5/23/2007 3:17 PM

Subject: [ ] PLEASE advise!!!!!

I am moving to OH this summer, pending my divorce.

Presently, my daughter has an IEP that I am not in agreement with.

I filed due process.

What would happen if I show up in OH to a school district with an IEP I

don't agree with?

I will be using the Autism Scholarship, for sure, when we move there.

If I understand, I will have an IEP meeting with the school district when I

arrive. Will a new IEP be developed immediately, and then I can apply for

the scholarship?

[truncated by sender]

Guest guest

Hi , I moved from a district within Ohio that wrote an IEP that I did not agree with. Once I started the transition, I advised my new district about the fact that I disagreed with the IEP and they further developed/worked off of the old one as a response, tweaking it here and there, adding a few things... It got a notch better, but not so much. We ended up placing my child in a private school which then developed a totally new and very pleasing IEP for me which then was accepted by the school district, signed and all. I never have used the autism scholarship, but I would imagine that once you tell your (new) district about your intent to use it, they should be more helpful in including what your child's needs are in there with greater flexibility as you will be opting out of receiving the school district's sevices. Accepting the scholarship means that the district

will not be providing services for your child but the service provider designated by you. Often times the service provider can help you develop and IEP for your child. I imagine that my situation was probably one of the smoothest transitions but I am hopeful that it will go well for you as well. Just my experience. Good luck! Sandee Winkelman <jswinky@...> wrote: Feel free to

contact me off list. jswinkygmail Sandee winkelman ohio mom--------------------This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) only and may contain privleged, confidential, or propriety information that is exempt from disclosure under law.-----Original Message-----From: DillardRNaolTo: ; AutismOhio Sent: 5/23/2007 3:17 PMSubject: [ ] PLEASE advise!!!!!I am moving to OH this summer, pending my divorce.Presently, my daughter has an IEP that I am not in agreement with.I filed due process.What would happen if I show up in OH to a school district with an IEP I don't agree with?I will be using the Autism Scholarship, for sure, when we move there.If I

understand, I will have an IEP meeting with the school district when I arrive. Will a new IEP be developed immediately, and then I can apply for the scholarship?[truncated by sender]

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

http://us.rd./evt=48517/*http://surveylink./gmrs/_panel_invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join our Network Research Panel