RemedySpot.com

HELP GET BECKY OUT OF THE DOG HOUSE!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Morning all! ` This has been one very long and emotinal weekend. As many of you know we are fundraising on behalf of 4 Paws for ability in honor for his service (assistance) dog. We have done well so far and are nearer the half way mark. These days all can talk about is the start of school and getting his service dog. Well, each night before goes to bed he marks off days on his count down calendars. He has one for school starting, one for his birthday, one for "special events" this is for other peoples birthdays and movie dates etc. and of course his next fundraiser calendar. When he marked off yet another day on his fundraiser calendar he ask me once again when he would get his training class day. I for the millionth time

explained that we have to finish our fundraising. This of course is hard for him to understand. The number is just to big! I reminded him that his spagetti dinner was coming up and thought I better start addressing the next big hurdle we are facing. I sat him down and told him that depending on what the surgerion says at his appointment this week, we may have to put fund raising on the back burner for a little bit. I explained that he will be in the hospital for several days, than we will all have adjustment to make at home with this new routine. OH MY! You would think I took his favorite stuffed animal ( Buddy Bear-- 4 feet of fuzzy softness) and threw it away. This young man is madder than all get out at me. He has been mad all weekend. Calls me "mean Mommy" this from the boy that for years has called me "the bestest Mommy" several times a day. He has such a nasty tone in his voice when

he talks to me, and if looks could kill, well Bob woul dbe writing this email annoucing my funeral. Bob has tryed to get to understand that it is okay to be disappointed, but it is not to be rude and disrespectful. Does not matter. Saturday before he went to bed he brought out his traffic light, clock radio, fan, and leapster and gave them to Bob. Bob asked what this was, and said "sell I get Runner (this is the name he has decided on for his dog) without Mommys help." I was talking on the phone to a friend at the time and she heard it all. She suggested a site that she had used in the past. So I checked it out. I than sat down at the computer and we read some of the stories (request) on the site. Afterwards

and I worked for a long time writing out his story. If you have a couple minutes could you please go and read his request and leave a short comment. It does not have a visit counter so I have no way of proving to him that anyone is seeing his story. If you can donate a little that would be an extra bonus. I am just looking to get out of the dog house with him! Working with me in writing the story seemed to help, until he checked it tonight and could not see if anyone had been there. The link is below, and feel free if you wish to pass it on to others. http://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2007-08-25.3476193947 Becky Mother to , 16, Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal Palsy, MR, ADHD TAKE A LOOK AT JAMES NEWEST PAGE http://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2007-08-25.3476193947

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!