RemedySpot.com

Re: RECIPES for the WEEK - 8/24 HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow, thanks for the recipes. I've been looking for a more creative and yet healthy way to prepare food for my boys (actually family). Thanks so much!! S"Gay B." <hebegb70@...> wrote: SOUP3 large organic tomatoes, chopped2 Tablespoons green onions, choppedSmall handful fresh basil, chopped1 avocado, peeled, pit removedJuice from 1/2 a lemonApprox 1 1/2 cups freshly-juiced carrotsApprox 1/3 teaspoon cuminPlace tomatoes, green onions, basil and avocado into large mixing bowl if using immersion blender (or large blender or food processor). Pour in carrot juice. Add cumin. Add lemon juice. Whiz up with immersion blender (or blend in blender or food processor) until smooth. You may think it's a funny color, but fear not. The taste is superb! If

you'd like, you can strain it before serving, but I like mine a bit chunky, with the veggies left in. There you have it: A fantastic, chilled, raw, summer soup that's really good for you and your family. I'm sure you'll all love it!Note: If you really like avocado, go ahead and add a little bit in.TZATZIKI32 ounces SCD yogurt1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and grated1 tsp salt1 clove pressed garlic1 tbsp fresh mint (or a dash of dried)1/2 lemonDrain yogurt for at least 8 hours until it's very thick. Sprinkle salt over grated cucumber and drain through a strainer into a bowl for at least 1/2 hour. Press remaining water out with a paper towel when done. Mix yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint, and lemon together in a bowl andrefrigerate until ready to serve.Note: I'm not ready for raw foods yet so I made the above recipe for my family and set aside a version for myself which included only the yogurt,

garlic juice, lemon juice, salt, and **get this** some of the cucumber water for flavor. It was all of the taste without the digestive challenges. I made ground beef gyros and used this as a topping (mine of course was sans pita bread)." " Beef and Broccoli PieIt’s really a quiche.4 eggs1 cup yogurt cream cheese (or dry curd cottage cheese, beaten smooth)1 pound grated cheddar1 pound ground round, browned, drained and cooled and crumbled10-12 ounces broccoli florets, lightly steamed, cooled, and chopped1 teaspoon basilBlend yogurt cream cheese and eggs. Add basil. Add ground meat and chopped broccoli and stirwell. Add grated cheddar cheese and make sure all ingredients are well mixed. Turn into large, well-buttered pie pan. Bake at 325ºF-350ºF for 35-45 minutes, or until it sounds slightly hollow when tapped in the middle.Notes: Fresh broccoli and trim the

stems off before steaming, leaving just enough to keepthe florets together. The rest goes in a veggie odds and ends bag in the freezer that either endsup in the dogs’ vegetable mix, or a soup pot for us.>Variations: One favorite substitution to make this with spinach in lieu of >broccoli. Use ten ounces baby spinach leaves, remove stems, steam for five >to ten minutes, cool, press to drain well, then chop.>Or de-string string beans, steam them, and chop them for an alternative >vegetable.>Chicken and cauliflower with a teaspoon of sage or thyme makes a nice >combination – Ilike Havarti or Swiss cheese with this.>Any mix of legal cheese you like may work. Half cheddar and half Swiss >works nicely.>Another variation is to use this pie to use up any left over roast meats >and steamed vegetables from other meals you may have prepared. Run the >de-boned meat through a grinder

on very coarse grind, or chop in a food >processor. Chop and mixvegetables. Be sure to peel and seed all vegetables, >as appropriate. Cook the vegetables more if you are new to the diet. This >pie travels very well, and keeps well under some amazing conditions. I >call this the "infamous" beef and broccoli pie The beef and broccoli pie >is infamous because when we went to the UK in 2002, I planned to eat it >for two nights – the night we arrived and the following day, figuring >that by that time, I could have scouted the local environs for a >restaurant that could meet my needs. As it turned out, my portions were >over generous, and the pie lasted the entire week we were in England. By >the time we arrived at the SCD get-together on Saturday, we had eaten beef >and broccoli pie for dinner for five days running, and did not want to even >look at anything resembling beef, broccoli and cheese

combined. In fact, we >didn’t have it again for almost three months after we got back from our >trip!"Wizop Marilyn L. Alm" PEACHY SCALLOPS1 peach, peeled and sectioned3-4 large scallops2 cloves garlic, minced1/3 sweet red pepper cut in chunks1 tablespoon buttersalt and pepper to tastewhite wineHeat a medium skillet, add butter. Saute garlic and red pepper five minutes. Add scallops and brown on both sides. Add peaches, stirring well. Add a splash of white wine. Add salt and pepper last. Serve with a side garnish of field greens and pour pan juices over.Carol Frilegh PIZZA SNACKa few slices, legal yellow cheesea few sun dried tomatoesdried oreganoPreheat broiler. Set cheese slices, oregano and sun dried tomatoes on top in a pan right under the broiler. Broil until cheese just begins to soften. Tomatoes will

become very crisp. Cool slightlyCarol Frilegh Camping Food:>I canned applesauce in little pint and 1/2 pint jars, so they didn't take >up any cooler space. We also wanted to take food out on the bicycles with >us and 1 jar served both of us.>I also packed little cans of Dole pineapple in its own juice (once again we >shared this portion).>Bananas>Cans of tuna (for the canned tuna we just opened a can of legal tuna on the >road. Instead of mayo, we added a little bit of yogurt (pre seasoned with >salt, pepper and mustard)).>SCD pumpkin muffins (we use nut butter, although you could use ground >chicken instead.)>Yogurt Hard boiled eggs>Regular eggs (we made omelets with leftover veggies, cheese and meat)>Cheese>Frozen green beans Onions>Mushrooms>Pre-cubed butternut>Chicken>Burgers>Various spices and

condimentsFor drinks:>Water>Little cans of Dole pineapple juice (which served both of us when diluted >(we took these on the road).)>Little bottles of Welch's (which served both of us when diluted (took these >on the road).)>Regular sized bottles of Welch's>1/2 Gallon of apple cider>Tea and coffee bagsMeal>Our favorite meal was 1 chicken breast each, with mushrooms, cubed squash, >onion, salt/pepper, all wrapped up in foil and cooked in the coals. We >cooked them for about 1 hour, roating them every 15 mins or so. So yummy! >(I rarely cook in aluminum, so I don't feel guilty the few times I do.)For the road>packed my saddlebags with applesauce, pineapple or banana, tuna, and squash >muffins. a little lunch cooler with ice, we packed double yogurts (one to >use as mayo, and one to eat withfruit), cheese, and hard boiled eggs.At the camp

site>had several smaller coolers. One was a drink cooler, the second was a snack >cooler, and the third was for meat and veggies. That way, we didn't have to >rummage through one largercooler all the time.>avocado would be a good addition use it in the tuna salad instead of the >yogurt/mayo, or eat it as a snack. Squash buttons would be a great snack >idea. cooked chicken which is ground in a food processor works as a flour >substitute in many of the muffin and bread recipes (just keep cool). bake >apples with cinnamon and honey.>crunchy cheese crackers are good for munching. Kabobs for over a fire.>a stew or soup made over a fire. Tell the story about Stone Soup and make >up your own version using SCD legal ingredients instead, like using >butternut in place of potatoes, etc.Sharon in OH, "sharon_starcher" Breaded Onions.A rounded cup of

almond flour (depends on how many onions you are making) and some salt and pepper, put them in a bowl and mixed. Then took one egg and broke it in a seperate bowl and wisked it. So, you dip the onion rings in the egg, coat, then the almond flour, coat, and fry them in your choice of oil until golden brown. !Denell Mc Beef Jerky.Just sliced the beef thinly -- it helps if it's frozen a bit first. Put on the racks in a low oven, about 120 degrees, for about 8 to 10 hours. Laying the beef strips on the oven racks means you do have to turn the meat a few times so it all dries evenly. Don't forget to place pans or foil on the bottommost rack to catch the beef fats that drip out or you'll have an oven to clean when you get back to your house once the storm has gone by.Since Hurricane Ivan in 2004 I have purchased a beef jerky maker, which is a nifty gadget that suspends the beef strips, so

the meat dries evenly and doesn't need attention.Kim Mumbower Marilyn's Ranch DressingPer cup of half & half yogurt cheese1 tablespoon (15 ml) dried chives1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried parsley1 teaspoon (5 ml) powdered onion (home-dried)1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) powdered garlic1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon (.6-1.25 ml) white pepper1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt (needed to develop the flavor of the herbs)Blend spices into yogurt cheese made with half and half. Add 1-4 tablespoons of water to reach desired consistency.If your yogurt cheese is a little thin, you may not need to add water. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, better over night if you can stand to wait. This makes a good thick dipping ranch cheese which goes great with veggies and Sue's crackers. Thin with water if needed for use on a salad. Don't ask me why, but dried herbs work best for this recipe. To make the dried onion, I

peeled 3-4 yellow onions and sliced them thinly. I laid the slices on the dehydrator trays, and dried at 135F (57-60 C; please don't ask me what the gas mark is!) for 24 hours, flipping the slices (which dried apart into rings) halfway through. If doing this in a regular oven, you could probably use perforated crispy pizza trays, or cake cooling racks with parchment laid over them. To make the dried garlic, I thinly sliced about a pound of peeled garlic and laid it out on dehydrator trays. When the onion slices were fully dried, I powdered them in the blender. You could also do it with a good stone mortar and pestle or in a food processor. After dusting out the blender, I powdered the garlic as well. Store in a glass jar with a tight cap, or in a ziplock box. Powdered garlic and onion has lots of uses. I used commercially dried chives and commercially dried parsley. "Half and Half" in the US is half whole milk, and half

single cream. It works out to a milk fat of around 15%. I've just gotten access to real, unmucked cream and unhomogenized milk, and am experimenting with how to make my own half and half. If you don't mind the higher milk fat, I expect you could just use yogurt made with single cream. Undried, it seems to be about the right consistency. Dripped, you may need to add more water, as my cream yogurt sets up very firmly.I often get out all the ingredients for this recipe and make up half-a-dozen packets of it. Then I can just grab my yogurt cheese, stir the seasonings in, and put it back to chill. I also set this up in triple batches as I get two three cup (total 1.42 liters) containers of yogurt cheese out of one half gallon (1.89 liters) of half and half yogurt after I drip it.Recipe submitted by Marilyn Alm.Thyme Chicken Salad2 cups dark-meat chicken, cooked & chopped1/2 cup raw cashews2 stalks organic

celery, choppedSmall handful organic fresh Italian parsley, chopped (may also use curly parsley)2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped1/3 cup red onion, chopped1/2 cup to 1 cup fresh, raw cream1/2 teaspoon prepared mustardSplash of organic olive oil1/2 of a lemon, juicedPlace chicken, cashews, celery, parsley, thyme and onion in medium-sized bowl. Add lemon juice, raw cream and mustard (the secret ingredient). Add splash of organic olive oil. Mix well.Note: Keep in the fridge. It can be made in larger batches for entertaining.RASPBERRY ICE CREAMThis pretty, fruity ice cream is really a frozen mousse, so it freezes smooth and soft without the need for an ice cream maker. It does have raw egg in, so use eggs with a lion mark*, and don't give it to anyone you wouldn't serve home-made mayonnaise.9oz/250g fresh or frozen raspberries3 eggs, separated1/2 cup honey¼ pintl cream yogurtMash the

raspberries (use a small food processor or hand-held blender if you have one) and rub through a sieve to get rid of the seeds.Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, then add half the honey and beat again until the mixture is as thick and stiff as shaving foam.Beat the egg yolks with the rest of the honey until pale and thick. Fold theraspberry purée, egg whites and yolks all together. Beat the cream yogurt to soft clouds and fold into the mixture.Scrape it all into a plastic box (don't worry about the odd streak) and freeze.Mara Schiffren Kidney Dish1-3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped (to taste)1 medium onion, choppedButter for sautéingApprox 1 cup kidney, chopped thinly into 1/3 inch slice. Sauté garlic and chopped onion in butter a few minutes, until softened. Add chopped kidney and sauté over medium-high heat for approx 3-4 min, until evenly browned all over. Take care not to

overcook kidney, as it can result in a rubbery texture. Remove from heat.MARILYN'S SCD LEGAL PEPPERONIhttp://www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/r_004_00375.phpGRAHAM CRACKERShttp://www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/r_014_00393.phpHot Cross BunsBasic cinnamon raisin bun, which would be easy enough to make, and then they're slashed with a sharp knife, and the glaze put on. I suspect the honey-egg white icing which is in... mmm, BTVC"Wizop Marilyn L. Alm" .“Cheese Lace”I bought eight toaster oven trays after I spent all day making a single half-pound batch in the toaster oven. You can actually get away with one toaster oven tray by using large cookie sheets, molding release foil to the toaster oven tray, and then setting it on the cookie sheet for support. Now I can do two pounds of cheese at once! Two pounds of cheese yields about 1 pound of cheese crisps. Place the oven racks

in the upper two-thirds of the oven. Sprinkle four ounces of grated cheddar (or other legal cheese) evenly into each toaster oven tray. Place four toaster oven trays on each shelf of a pre-heated oven – in the toaster oven, it was set at 150°F; in the large oven, 215°F works the best. Let heat for about two hours. Remove, and see if it is slightly dry, but still a little flexible. You don't want it gooey! If it is dry, but still slightly flexible, remove the trays one at a time and turn out onto a clean muslin towel. Use sharp scissors and cut each rectangle into a dozen pieces. I cut it in half, then each half in half, then each quarter in three. Place on paper towels or muslin towels and place back in the oven for another hour. The towels help wick most of the oil away. If you have an Excalibur dehydrator, I bought a set of bar wipes (you can also use flour sack towels) at Sam's Club, which I fold on the dehydrator

trays. Place the chips on it and just let them dry at 150°F overnight. If you do not have a dehydrator, you can lay the wipes on the trays, place the crisps in them, and put them back into the oven at the low temperature for a couple of hours. The bar wipes soak up the oil, and then I can just toss them in the washing machine, instead of wasting roll after roll of paper towels[1]. With the folded bar wipes, three toaster trays of crisps fit on one dehydrator tray, but it is a good idea to leave a shelf empty after two shelves of crisps to be sure the air can circulate properly. Crisps store just fine at room temp; mine haven't lasted long enough to say how long they’ll store. Cheese crisp variations can make all sorts of great snacks. Using different cheeses and different spices, you can make a lot of different tastes. Trust me -- the straight cheese crisps are what both Doritos® and Cheetohs® wish they were. [1] However, do

wash the crisp cloths separately -- my husband made the mistake of tossing a set of his tee shirts in with a set of crisp cloths and ended up with cheese-scented tee shirts. Which he said he didn't mind, except it made him hungry all the time...Wizop Marilyn L. Alm Soft DrinksMixing Welch's grape juice and sparkling water (be careful with these, they are not all legal, read the labels) with no more than half being juice -- less than half preferrably. Sof Drinks leach calcium from our bodies and encourage bone loss.Shonda _________________________________________________________________See what you’re getting into…before you go there http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507*Important Notes and links for Databases:~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~To Lurk; is to Learn. To participate; is to help others learn. Share

what you know. Let me know if you have any concerns or needs - - n DMHelmick12@...~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ABA Contact List:This list is provided for both parents seeking ABA and ABA personnel to list their contact information. This list is not for commercial or salicitation purposes. Parents seeking ABA personnel must ask questions or interview desired personnel as this list is only a reference and not an approved provider list.* You’ll need to sign into after clicking on a link.To see the list: /database?method=reportRows & tbl=5 & sortBy=1 & sortDir=down & startAt= & prntRpt=1ABA personnel add contact info: /database?method=addRecord & tbl=5To Edit your contact Info: /database?method=reportRows & tbl=5~~~ ~~~ ~~~

~~~Help raise money for ASO (Autism Society of Akron, Ohio). Just by using a charity based search engine like Goodsearch.com Search for anything you need info on. Only 2 steps: 1. Just go to www.goodsearch.com 2. scroll down and type in Autism Society of Ohio and hit verify. Then type in your search word. heres the link: http://www.goodsearch.com~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ Our Parent Contact list - see a printable list or add your contact info:See the printable list: /database?method=reportRows & tbl=2 & sortBy=1 & sortDir=down & startAt= & prntRpt=1Add your contact info here: /database?method=addRecord & tbl=2~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ is a networking and support groupof "Parent to Parent for Autism".Website: http://hometown.aol.com/parentschat/homepage.html~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~See More info below for this group's

other Links.