RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 12/7 Have a SC Diet Weekend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thirty-four new recipes have just been added to SCD Recipe: http://www.scdrecipe.com/journal-entry/34-new-recipes/ View recipes http://www.scdrecipe.com/recipes/view-all/ To add your recipe ask Raman Prasad scdrecipe@... APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL under breakfast http://scdrecipe.com/recipes-breakfast/apple-cinnamon-oatmeal/?tid=1 & oid=493 & sid=6b5754d737784b51ec5075c0dc437bf0 1/4 cup SCD yoghurt1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce2 eggs1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 tablespoon honey1/4 teaspoon baking sodabutter for frying 1. Heat up about 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a small frying pan. 2. Combine all ingredients and add to pan, mixing them up as you would scrambled eggs. 3. Transfer to a bowl and add cinnamon to taste. Jay Manassas, VA GINGERBREAD COOKIES http://scdrecipe.com/recipes-cookie/gingerbread-cookies/?tid=1 & oid=122 & sid=2c6ae45a3e88aee548c0714fad7f8269 3 cups almond flour1 stick butter1 egg1 teaspoon water1/4 - 1/3 cup honey1/2 teaspoon allspice1 teaspoon ground ginger1/2 teaspoon ground cloves1/2 teaspoon cinnamonpinch of salt1 teaspoon bakling soda 1. Blend ingredients in a bowl. Mix until the dough is dry enough and not sticky to work with. Add more almond flour if necessary. 2. Place dough in fridge or freezer

for approx. 15 min - 1/2 hour. 3. Roll the dough out and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 C) for 10 min. Diane. Florida. Scrumptious Cheese Latkes topped with Concord Grape Sauce Dairy foods echo one of the themes of Chanukah, making these cheese latkes especially welcome. 4 eggs, well beaten 1 cup farmer cheese3/4 cup almond flour 2 tablespoons honey1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/3 cup raisins, plumped in boiling water for 5 minutes 1 large tart apple, peeled and grated, optional oil, for frying Combine all ingredients. Drop by tablespoonful into hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown. Yields about 20 latkes. Concord Grape Sauce 1 1/2 c Concord Grape Juice 1/2 c honey 1 tb Grated orange zest In heavy skillet bring juice and honey to boil. Add zest and simmer until sauce is reduced by one-third. Makes about 1- 1/3 cups. Serve hot or cold. Duclayan gduclayan@... Tri Tip Beef ->toss in a roasting pan fat side up, with standard pot roast legal veggies, garlic, or whatever seasonings (use lots, you will lose a bunch to the liquid as the fat melts down), about 1/2 cup water (helps for making gravy at the end if you like); bake at or around 350F. at appropriate time for size (having issues with this one since tri tips in CA were bigger than the ones I now get in TX). I also sometimes play with the whole 30-60 minutes at 450F

then down to 250F for a few hours, but as i mentioned, it's harder with a smaller roast.->throw the whole thing on the bbq - i've always had a guy bbq for me, so i never really got much of a handle on this one, but what i've gathered is that you want to cook it on medium to low heat for a good long time (hour or so?? i'm usually anxious to get to the eating so i suspect it always seems longer than it really is). Marinate first, olive oil, a/c vinegar, seasonings. Seems to be best with 24 hour marinade, but we all have different tastes.->chop it into bite sized pieces, brown in a big pot, then throw in some broth and all the same veggies & seasonings from the pot roast version and simmer for a few hours, (fabulous the first time around, better the second time around, and there usually isn't a third time around).->slice it into steaks and broil or bbq->chop it into bite sized pieces and use for shish-ke-bob with what ever

legal veggies you like (bbq or broil)->chop it into small bite sized pieces and use with fave veggies with a simple beef-broth fondue thing->slice small and thin & cook on stove with veggies as a sort of beef & broccoli thing (careful with the sauce on this one)->toss small bite sized pieces into big pot & add whatever ingredients are legal for you to make a sort of chili (beans or tomato?)->chop into really small bite sized pieces, cook in skillet until nearly done, then add a few eggs for a great scramble->slice small & thin & cook on stove, let cool then throw on salad->use roast left overs, shred into bits, add mayo for tri-tip salad ;-) ss allmylists@... Mock Potato Soup (from navy bean paste) Makes three 2/3 cup-sized serving1 T

butter1 small onion, chopped1 cup broth (I used chicken, but vegetable broth would be good, too.)1/3- ½ cup French Cream (BTVC) or yogurt1 cup bean paste (see recipe below) Saute 1 small chopped onion in a tablespoon of butter until lightly browned (or even caramelized, if you have the patience.) This is my favorite taste in the soup! Stir in 1 cup of chicken broth. Salt and pepper. When the broth is bubbling, stir in 1/3 - ½ cup of French Cream. Add 1 cup of bean paste, stirring as it heats. Serve with grated cheddar (on top or stirred in) plus a dollop of yogurt and a sprig or bits of parsley if you've got it! -Kae @ kaemc2003@... Bean Paste (from the

Thanksgiving recipe post – and I'm THANKful!)2 (dry weight) pounds white navy pea beans->Sort beans to be sure there are no stones or other undesirable items in them. Place in a large pot, and cover with water to a depth of about 5 inches over the beans. Allow to soak overnight, or 8-10 hours, whichever is longer.->Drain and rinse the beans. Return to pot and fill with water to a depth of around four inches over the beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the beans are completely tender, about two hours. Do not salt the beans before or during cooking, as this will make them tough.->Drain, and rinse the beans. If vegetable skins are still a problem, use a food mill to process the beans into paste and remove the bean skins. If vegetable skins are not a problem, process the beans in a food processor, blender, or through a meat grinder with a fine plate. (I use a Maverick electric grinder.) The bean paste is now ready to

use.->For future use: Plop bean paste on a cookie sheet in one-cup glops and freeze solid. Pry glops off the sheet and store in a zip top bag in the freezer. Then when you need a cup of paste, you can reach in, pull out a glop, and set it in a bowl to defrost, and it's pre-measured. Using the "glop" method, you don't have to go through the hassles of soaking, rinsing, cooking, and rinsing the beans every time. Whole cooked beans can also be frozen in pre-measured amounts for other uses. Kae McLaughlin kaemc2003@... The Squash Buttons 1 large baked acorn squash (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups)or you can use butternut squash also2-3 eggs2 tbls. honeyDash of cinnamonBlend in the blender until smooth, then spoon into mini muffin

pan.Make sure the pan is well greased, and only fill about 1/2 full. Bakeat 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. You want them to be pulling awayfrom the sides of the pan and look dry and browned around the edges.They will be delicate, so you will need to carefully remove them with aknife by cutting around the edges and carefully lifting them out. Theymake a good finger food and snack for school.Additional comment:I use coconut or grapeseed oil in my pans, then whenthey come out of the oven I loosen the sides of each button with aknife and then let them cool a little before trying to lift them out ofthe pan.Debbie CHICKEN NUGGETS I ran out of almond flour and wanted to make chicken nuggets for my son. I had peanut butter instead so I mixed three eggs with about a cup of peanut butter till it gave a consistency of pancake batter. I dunk my pieces of chicken (I used cooked chicken breast) intothe batter and fried it. My kids love it and it tasted like a chickennugget you would buy at a fast food place with the hint of peanut.All I needed was some dipping sauce! Kull sabrina_kull@... ________________________________________Loving Care Grammy Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Warning:personal posts on the list serves can be googled.Put in Subject: SCD or I may not see your post to me. Tell me where you live to find SCD Pals and

Doctors. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SCD Store:http://www.scdiet.com/store/index.html Chalmers*LIST OF SCD FOODS: Email to scdiet@... at no charge. In the subject put CARD REQUEST Give your name and address to get it snail mail.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.