RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 12/7 Carol's Have a great SCD weekend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SCD Vanilla Extract Recipe use a an glass old peanut butter jar, it is about 1 pint. You could easily use a pint mason jar or what ever you have available. When I first started I added probably 3 or 4 vanilla beans. I cut them down the middle length wise put them in the jar and filled it with vodka. Most of the vanilla beans I have cut in half also to make the shorter so they fit in the bottle a little better. Since then I have added a single new vanilla (cut in half and split down the middle) bean every time I have refilled the bottle. I typically drain the bottle about half before I refill it. At first the vanilla did not see very dark, now it really looks good. I started this batch about a year ago, so I can take a while before you get a really dark color. You could add more vanilla beans at the start to get a

darker color quicker. I found a good supply of beans at a reasonable price at Costco. After you have put your beans and vodka in the jar, screw the lid on, place it in the back of one of your kitchen cabinets and try to remember to shake it a little every week or two. I just turn the jar upside down a time or two to make sure it is well mixed. In as little as one month you can get your fist batch out of the jar. This will be a little weak, but given time the jar will have a nicely flavored vanilla extract. The best part is it keeps on getting better as you go along. Carol Frilegh c.frilegh@...________________________________________Loving Care Grammy Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Warning:personal posts on the list serves can be googled.Put in Subject: SCD or I may not see your post to me. Tell me where you live to find SCD Pals and Doctors. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SCD Store:http://www.scdiet.com/store/index.html Chalmers*LIST OF SCD FOODS: Email to scdiet@... at no charge. In the subject put CARD REQUEST Give your name and address to get it snail mail.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.