RemedySpot.com

RE: was:// Local systems with great programs for Autism / Hudson Church

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There are a couple of churches here that I've heard that have special programs. In fact, goes to one in town w/her family. I've gone to one of the Lutheran churches and they are very good. I'm not a member anywhere and I really would like to go more and get in the habit. Trying to find a good fit.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: 2/27/2008 12:33:31 PM

Subject: [ ] was:// Local systems with great programs for Autism / Hudson Church

Hi Becky, I heard the Hudson church is also very good with special needs children. Are they as good with autistic children? Yours, n In a message dated 2/27/08 11:13:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, rwulfeearthlink (DOT) net writes:

Hudson City Schools are great - which is why I moved here. All the schools are inclusive - meaning, they don't put IEP kids in one or two classes. All classes are diversified as much as possible w/ special needs, gifted, etc. depending on what the child needs. We have been here for 3 years and I have been very happy with the IEP teams, teachers, therapists, etc. Everyone really seems to want to work together.

We go to the hudson community chapel and we started there because they have a class for special needs. They now have a support group for the parents which meets monthly. Matt now attends the regular high school group and he loves it. There is also another teen in his class whos on the spectrum. If anyone would like more info,let me know. I know one of the moms for the middle schoolers started stand up/comedy skits, as her child was adhd and didnt fit anywhere else. They are very active with the kids.they also have exercise class 3 times a week for the moms, which is something i need to commit to.

a

-------Original Message-------

Date: 2/27/2008 1:14:41 PM

Subject: RE: [ ] was:// Local systems with great programs for Autism / Hudson Church

There are a couple of churches here that I've heard that have special programs. In fact, goes to one in town w/her family. I've gone to one of the Lutheran churches and they are very good. I'm not a member anywhere and I really would like to go more and get in the habit. Trying to find a good fit.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: 2/27/2008 12:33:31 PM

Subject: [ ] was:// Local systems with great programs for Autism / Hudson Church

Hi Becky, I heard the Hudson church is also very good with special needs children. Are they as good with autistic children? Yours, n In a message dated 2/27/08 11:13:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, rwulfeearthlink (DOT) net writes:

Hudson City Schools are great - which is why I moved here. All the schools are inclusive - meaning, they don't put IEP kids in one or two classes. All classes are diversified as much as possible w/ special needs, gifted, etc. depending on what the child needs. We have been here for 3 years and I have been very happy with the IEP teams, teachers, therapists, etc. Everyone really seems to want to work together.