RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 2/22 Have a great SCdiet week-end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vegetable Broth 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartered 1 large leek, washed, trimmed and coarsely chopped 2 stalks celery, quartered Celery leaves from heart of a bunch of celery 2 carrots, trimmed and quartered 3 tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped 1 cup mushrooms, including stems 6 parsley sprigs 2 bay leaves 6 peppercorns 2 cloves garlic, peeled 3 quarts water In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Partially cover pot, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. Add additional water if necessary. Cool stock and strain. Discard solids. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use. Schwab schwab814@... Beef Broth Soup 4 pound of beef roast, cut in 1-2 inch cubes 8 quarts of water 1 T. salt or more. 1-1/4 oz Whole allspice 1-1/4 Peppercorns 6-8 large onions or more Brown beef in oil in skillet ( optional) Put meat in 5 gallon stock pot with water Add salt. In a cheese cloth bag, tie spices Add onions Simmer for 2 days. Throw some Gruyere cheese or parmesan on it. Don't eat the onions if you are gassy. Hansen sjphansen@... Shrimp Etoufee (an SCD variation)2 lbs. shrimp (if you use crawfish then it becomes crawfish etoufee)1 stick butter (1/4 cup) = or use olive oil or some other oil1 cup onions, minced1/2 cup bell pepper, minced1/2 cup celery, mincedsalt - to tastecreole seasoning (Emeril's is ok, but I make my own) - about 1tablespoongreen onions and parsley - garnish2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup waterPeel and devein shrimp. Lightly season the shrimp with salt. Heat thebutter in a saute pan and saute the onion, bell pepper and celery untilthey are translucent, about 5-8 minutes. Add the water, the Creoleseasoning and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are done. Garnish with greenonions and parsley. For your non-SCD family and friends serve over hotlong grain rice.I like mine "plain" and with a side of grilled veggies.Be sure to put out some Crystal or Tabasco

for those that want to"kick-it-up-a-notch". Belmont kevin.belmont@...

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.