RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: [GC-AS] North Coast Education and Tutoring Service in Northeast Ohio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hate to be the dissenting voice here, but IMHO, North Coast is only in it for the money. They gladly take the $5/hr fee tacked onto each tutor's hourly rate and do nothing in exchange. I realize, however, that many parents need to do this in order to pay tutors through the scholarship (my ABA consulting agency allows me to do this). I think perhaps $2-$3/hr might be more reasonable. It can add up when you have many hours of ABA a week.Most of us that use the scholarship, use up more than the allotted amt, anyway. I've seen parents just pay the tutors out of pocket and apply the scholarship elsewhere (OT, speech, school, etc.). If you can't afford to do this, however, I think north coast may be the only option :(Amy 1@... wrote: Thanks Joy, I'll keep the info for future parent reference. I've heard good things about North Coast Tutoring Service. ~ n In a message dated 2/12/08 10:36:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, Rreindeeraol writes: Yes, they DEFINITELY accept the Autism Scholarship. From what I've seen, Carole s who heads up the company appears to be phenomenal at working with the

individual (as in Individual Education Plan!) needs of the students creatively. She just spoke at our ASPIES Greater Akron January meeting. She explained the Autism Scholarship and how her company as a "provider" works with it. This is not the same necessarily with each "provider". Definitely worth a look!!!! Joy ASPIES Greater Akron

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

If you need to apply the scholarship, I would also like to suggest STEPS Center

for Autism in Olmsted Falls. Several of their tutors live out on the East side

and work for families in the Solon, Beachwood, Twinsburg and Youngstown areas.

The number is 440-377-0029 Ask for , Liz or Jackie

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tue 2/12/2008 12:47 PM

Subject: Re: [ ] Re: [GC-AS] North Coast Education and Tutoring Service

in Northeast Ohio

I hate to be the dissenting voice here, but IMHO, North Coast is only in it for

the money. They gladly take the $5/hr fee tacked onto each tutor's hourly rate

and do nothing in exchange. I realize, however, that many parents need to do

this in order to pay tutors through the scholarship (my ABA consulting agency

allows me to do this). I think perhaps $2-$3/hr might be more reasonable. It

can add up when you have many hours of ABA a week.

Most of us that use the scholarship, use up more than the allotted amt, anyway.

I've seen parents just pay the tutors out of pocket and apply the scholarship

elsewhere (OT, speech, school, etc.). If you can't afford to do this, however,

I think north coast may be the only option :(

Amy

1@... wrote: Thanks Joy,

I'll keep the info for future parent reference. I've heard good things about

North Coast Tutoring Service. ~ n

In a message dated 2/12/08 10:36:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, Rreindeer@...

writes:

Yes, they DEFINITELY accept the Autism Scholarship. From what I've seen, Carole

s who heads up the company appears to be phenomenal at working with the

individual (as in Individual Education Plan!) needs of the students creatively.

She just spoke at our ASPIES Greater Akron January meeting. She explained the

Autism Scholarship and how her company as a " provider " works with it. This is

not the same necessarily with each " provider " . Definitely worth a look!!!!

Joy

ASPIES Greater Akron

---------------------------------

We actually use STEPS and are happy. They train their own tutors and you can choose to pay them what you want (or what the center charges as an hourly tutor rate).Amy"Jepperson, E." <JeppersonJE@...> wrote: If you need to apply the scholarship, I would also like to suggest STEPS Center for Autism in Olmsted Falls. Several of their tutors live out on the East side and work for families in the Solon, Beachwood, Twinsburg and Youngstown areas. The number is 440-377-0029 Ask for , Liz or Jackie -----Original

Message----- From: on behalf of Amy Sent: Tue 2/12/2008 12:47 PM Subject: Re: [ ] Re: [GC-AS] North Coast Education and Tutoring Service in Northeast Ohio I hate to be the dissenting voice here, but IMHO, North Coast is only in it for the money. They gladly take the $5/hr fee tacked onto each tutor's hourly rate and do nothing in exchange. I realize, however, that many parents need to do this in order to pay tutors through the scholarship (my ABA consulting agency allows me to do this). I think perhaps $2-$3/hr might be more reasonable. It can add up when you have many hours of ABA a week. Most of us that use the scholarship, use up more than the allotted amt, anyway. I've seen parents just pay the tutors out of pocket and apply the scholarship elsewhere (OT, speech,

school, etc.). If you can't afford to do this, however, I think north coast may be the only option :( Amy 1wmconnect wrote: Thanks Joy, I'll keep the info for future parent reference. I've heard good things about North Coast Tutoring Service. ~ n In a message dated 2/12/08 10:36:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, Rreindeeraol writes: Yes, they DEFINITELY accept the Autism Scholarship. From what I've seen, Carole s who heads up the company appears to be phenomenal at working with the individual (as in Individual Education Plan!) needs of the students creatively. She just spoke at our ASPIES Greater Akron January meeting. She explained the Autism Scholarship and how her company as a "provider" works with it. This is not the same necessarily with each "provider".

Definitely worth a look!!!! Joy ASPIES Greater Akron --------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.