RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 2/8 Have a great SCdiet week-end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Butternut Squash Chips (dehydrator recipe)1 whole butternut squashHoney (Optional)1 tbsp Olive oil1 tsp Salt:Peel then cut squash in half long ways. Scoop out seeds. Slice 1/8" thick, the thiner, the crispier. Layer in a greased glass pan, drizzle with oil, salt and honey. Toss. Bake at 350 till tender but not mushy. about 25-35 min. Cool on paper towels to blot excess moisture. Then deyhdrate according to manufacturer directions. If convection only you may need to put down a paper towel in order to get correct crispiness. This takes about 2 days in my Ronco. Do not dehydrate at the same time as juicy fruit. This makes them chewy, not crispy. Sent in by marchica@... 's SCD

Jerky 1 lb Beef Chuck Steak 1/3 cup Vineager2 cups Orange Juice 1/4 cup Honey1 tsp Salt (more or less to taste)1/2 tbsp GarlicSlice steak 1/8-1/4" thick. Place in ziploc bag. Mix ingredients thorougly and add to steak in ziploc bag. Make sure mixture covers all the meat. If not, add more juice til it does. Marinate for 8-12hrs. Bake in a glass pan at 375 for 25 min, or untill internal temp reaches 145. Cool on paper towel to remove excess moisture. Dehydrate according to manufacturer directions. My ronco takes about 1 day. This stuff is so yummy, my 3 yo who hates meat, eats it up like crazy. Caution, he has been scd for 1.5 years. This is not a newbie recipe. Very hard to digest.Sent in by marchica@... Mac and

Cheese dry curd cottage cheese (about one cup) mix one egg 1/2 cup blanched almond flour saltpepper grate cheddar cheese (about 1/2.cup) Mix all together. Butter a small crock dish (personal pan size). Put themixture in, grate a little more cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 15minutes or until it is lightly browned on top. It turns out like baked macand cheese.Note: I modified it and I added a layer of parmesean cheese on the top like2/3 of a cup and I cooked it even further under the broiler until itturned a nice golden brown and got all bubbly, crunchy, carmelized. Jodi jodah235@...

________________________________________Loving Care Grammy Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Warning:personal posts on the list serves can be googled.Put in Subject: SCD or I may not see your post to me. Tell me where you live to find SCD Pals and Doctors. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SCD Store:http://www.scdiet.com/store/index.html Chalmers*LIST OF SCD FOODS: Email to scdiet@... at no charge. In the subject put CARD REQUEST Give your name and

address to get it snail mail.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.