RemedySpot.com

Re: Autism Service guide Reaching for a brighter future.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sandee,

isn't that the truth?, but the resources in the book are wonderful for parents.

btw: Great to hear from you! Hope things are going well.

Yours, n

In a message dated 1/26/08 1:13:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, jswinky@... writes:

n,

Thanks for sharing this book. These guidelines were very well written and very well thought out. I was so excited when I received mine. The only thing I wanted to share is that most schools will tell parents that although it is nice---they don't have to follow what it says. The ODE has never adopted it and they should. So, I just wanted everyone to be aware of the fact it is not required to be followed so they are not disappointed to here this one day, as I was. There is a statement on page 8 of the book regarding the above.

Best,

Sandee Winkelman

n,Thanks for sharing this book. These guidelines were very well written and very well thought out. I was so excited when I received mine. The only thing I wanted to share is that most schools will tell parents that although it is nice---they don't have to follow what it says. The ODE has never adopted it and they should. So, I just wanted everyone to be aware of the fact it is not required to be followed so they are not disappointed to here this one day, as I was. There is a statement on page 8 of the book regarding the above.

Best,Sandee WinkelmanPage 8What this Documentis NOTThese guidelines are not a requiredstandard of education for individualswith ASD/PDD in Ohio.They are not intended to support

any specific intervention, treatmentprogram, methodology, or medication.