RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 10/26 HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Chana's Birthday Cake:8 eggs1 stick butter, softened1 tbl. vanilla1 cup coconut flour[Fresh or unsweetened, shredded coconut and coconut flour are all legal.]1 cup honey1 tsp. baking soda3 generous tbls. SCD yogurtMix very thoroughly. I mix it in a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer for about five minutes, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides.Preheat oven to 325. Butter 2 cake pans well, and line with wax paper (otherwise, I've found the cakes impossible to get out without ripping). Bake approx. 30 minutes, until evenly brown on top and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on racks and frost :)Ellen ZagorskyGoldberg zagorskygoldberg@... Cookie Recipe8 eggs beaten3 sticks melted butter4 cups honey3 T vanilla1 tsp cinnamon(optional)1/4 tsp ginger(optional)1 tsp salt4 tsp soda18 cups nut flour slightly pressed in cup and rounded(I use cashew)I mix the ingredients in order given. Drop on greased cookie sheet.Bake at 325 for 25 min. Turn oven off and crack door(I use a spoon orknife) and leave in oven for another 10-20 min. Remove and cool onrack.Sandy mom4him48@..."Real" Frosting:8 ozs. Spectrum Organic 100 % Palm Oil shortening1 stick butter, softened (I use salted)1 cup honey1 tbl. vanillaif not adding the optional ingreds. below, I put in a tsp. of pureorange extract.Mix all ingredients, preferably in a heavy-duty stand mixer. I putmy Kitchen-Aid on level 4 for five minutes. At 5 minutes I scrapethe sides and let it go for another minute or two.For pink frosting: add 2-3 tbl. beet juice (water beets have cookedin. Unsalted!!!!)For mocha frosting: dissolve 1 tbl. strong coffee in a small amountof warm water.This makes a fairly large amount of frosting. I frosted themiddle, top and sides of a two-layer cake and have enough left to doa one-layer cake.Ellen ZagorskyGoldberg zagorskygoldberg@...Veal Chops with Caper-Tomato Salsa4 veal rib chops about 1 inch thick3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice3 cloves of garlic, crushed1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided1/4 cup capers, drained1/2 cup seeded and chopped fresh tomatoes2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion1 tablespoon vinegar2 tablespoons Italian parsleyArrange veal chops in a glass baking dish. In a small bowl whisk togetherrosemary, lemon juice, garlic and 1/4 cup oil. Pour marinade over chops;turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours. Meanwhile, combinecapers, tomatoes, red onion, vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons oil andparsely. Cover and let stand at room temperature. Preheat grill tomedium-high. Remove chops from marinade; discard marinade. Grillchips until cooked to desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes per side formedium-rare. Tranfer to plates and top with tomato-caper mixture."Omelet Waffle"Basicly wisk the eggs and whatever toppings you want to use in a bowland pour it into the waffle maker (I greased mine with a bit of almond oilfirst so it would not stick.. you might use olive oil or something if you donot mind the strong flavor. I did not use many toppings on mine (justcheese and pepper) because I am limited at the moment.. but the sky isthe limit.. whatever you would put in an onelet chopped small."Michele Hellmann" milcurtis@...Grilled Clams Parmesan1/2 cup Parmesan cheese2 tbsp. nut flour2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley2tbsp. chopped fresh oregano1/4 tsp. salt1/2 tsp. pepper2 lbs. clams1/4 cup olive oilCombine cheese, nut flour, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper in asmall bowl. Arrange clams in grill basket or on grill rack. Grill over mediumheat 8 to 10 minutes or until shells open. Remove from grill and place ina large, shallow bowl or serving platter. Sprinkle nut flour mixture overclams and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediatley.Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last. Get it now!