RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 1/11 Have a SCDiet week end

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Squash Fries Cut squash int0 1/4'' matchsticks, toss them with olive oil andsalt & pepper, and bake them at 425 for @ 40 min, turning half waythrough.One important thing is you can't crowd them on the cookie sheet or they will steam, which makes them soft. Make sure there is empty spacearound each frie. Katholeenie Gill katholeenie@... Unsweetened Shredded Coconut flour is an advanced food is not

recommended until you/your child has been 6 months without symptoms****Chana's 10th Birthday Cake (courtesy of Ellen)8 eggs1 stick butter, softened1 tbl. vanilla1 cup coconut flour, unsweetened shredded1 cup honey1 tsp. baking soda3 generous tbls. SCD yogurtMix very thoroughly. I mix it in a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer for aboutfive minutes, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides.Preheat oven to 325. Butter 2 cake pans well, and line with wax paper(otherwise, I've found the cakes impossible to get out withoutripping). Bake approx. 40 minutes, until evenly brown on top and acake tester comes

out clean.Cool on racks and frost :) "Real" Frosting:8 ozs. Spectrum Organic 100 % Palm Oil shortening1 stick butter, softened (I use salted)1 cup honey1 tbl. vanillaif not adding the optional ingreds. below, I put in a tsp. of pureorange extract.Mix all ingredients, preferably in a heavy-duty stand mixer. I put myKitchen-Aid on level 4 for five minutes. At 5 minutes I scrape thesides and let it go for another minute or two.For pink frosting: add 2-3 tbl. beet juice (water beets have cookedin. Unsalted!!!! )For mocha frosting: add 2 tbl. brewed coffeeEllen "ZagorskyGoldberg" zagorskygoldberg@... The Squash Buttons 1 large baked acorn squash (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups)or you can use butternut squash also2-3 eggs2 tbls. honeyDash of cinnamonBlend in the blender until smooth, then spoon into mini muffin pan.Make sure the pan is well greased, and only fill about 1/2 full. Bakeat 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. You want them to be pulling awayfrom the sides of the pan and look dry and browned around the edges.They will be delicate, so you will need to carefully remove them with aknife by cutting around the edges and carefully lifting them out. Theymake a good finger food and snack for

school.Additional comment:I use coconut or grapeseed oil in my pans, then whenthey come out of the oven I loosen the sides of each button with aknife and then let them cool a little before trying to lift them out ofthe pan. Debbie K.________________________________________Loving Care Grammy Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Warning:personal posts on the list serves can be googled.Put in Subject: SCD or I may not see your post to me. Tell me where you live to find SCD Pals and Doctors. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SCD Store:http://www.scdiet.com/store/index.html Chalmers*LIST OF SCD FOODS: Email to scdiet@... at no charge. In the subject put CARD REQUEST Give your name and address to get it snail mail.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.