RemedySpot.com

Re: Hope for our children with autism.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

n: I want to thank you for sharing your wonderful story about Davey. I think we (us parents) need to continue to share stories such as yours, these successes help keep us going and renews our faith that no matter what we are told, we believe our children have potential and when we continually work and gently push our children to reach for the moon, how many stars will they be able to get along the way. Take care and everyone have a safe and peaceful holiday season, Barb Rutt 1@... wrote: I had to share this with you all. My 9 year old son has Autism and is recovering. There is so much hope for our children with autism. I remember the blackboard

being completely erased of my son's life when he was diagnosed with autism and I had to re-build not knowing what I could expect. I honestly felt like a person running a hurdle race with a blindfold on. In short, my son has been progressing every year and this year is really blossoming. I am so thrilled at his developmental growth. I want to tell you to keep going! No matter what! Faith is what kept me going over the last 5 years after my son's diagnosis. I remember the blood, sweat, tears and endless research very vividly. I just received this in his folder yesterday from School. This is only a part of what he is doing now-a-days. This is what he wrote with some help about Thanksgiving. Last year we were lucky to even get him to write a short sentance! I

am a mom who is VERY Thankful! Davey helps clean up, likes to help me do things, picks things up off the floor if something falls. And he wants to make sure I have a snack with him when he has a snack. He still has a few quarks and gets irritable when we allow him to vear off from the diet. But over-all, I am very thankful for where he is now. It's worth turning every stone to find answers for your child!!!!! Yours, n Parent to Parent for Autism - Resource Website

Very neat - thanks for sharing this n! He is doing so well. Wow! Gail

PS - hope to see you at Brookpark one of these days!

On 12/18/07, 1@... < 1@...> wrote:

I had to share this with you all. My 9 year old son has Autism and is recovering. There is so much hope for our children with autism. I remember the blackboard being completely erased of my son's life when he was diagnosed with autism and I had to re-build not knowing what I could expect. I honestly felt like a person running a hurdle race with a blindfold on. In short, my son has been progressing every year and this year is really blossoming. I am so thrilled at his developmental growth. I want to tell you to keep going! No matter what! Faith is what kept me going over the last 5 years after my son's diagnosis. I remember the blood, sweat, tears and endless research very vividly. I just received this in his folder yesterday from School. This is only a part of what he is doing now-a-days. This is what he wrote with some help about Thanksgiving. Last year we were lucky to even get him to write a short sentance! I am a mom who is VERY Thankful! Davey helps clean up, likes to help me do things, picks things up off the floor if something falls. And he wants to make sure I have a snack with him when he has a snack. He still has a few quarks and gets irritable when we allow him to vear off from the diet. But over-all, I am very thankful for where he is now. It's worth turning every stone to find answers for your child!!!!! Yours, n Parent to Parent for Autism - Resource Website

n,

I can imagine how proud you were to see what he had written. Everything they do means so much especially when you can see the progress they make! Keep it going and bless you and your family this holiday season. Barb

----- Original Message ----From: Barbara Rutt <ocecdbr@...> Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:45:48 AMSubject: Re: [ ] Hope for our children with autism.

n:

I want to thank you for sharing your wonderful story about Davey. I think we (us parents) need to continue to share stories such as yours, these successes help keep us going and renews our faith that no matter what we are told, we believe our children have potential and when we continually work and gently push our children to reach for the moon, how many stars will they be able to get along the way. Take care and everyone have a safe and peaceful holiday season, Barb Rutt 1@wmconnect .com wrote:

I had to share this with you all. My 9 year old son has Autism and is recovering. There is so much hope for our children with autism. I remember the blackboard being completely erased of my son's life when he was diagnosed with autism and I had to re-build not knowing what I could expect. I honestly felt like a person running a hurdle race with a blindfold on. In short, my son has been progressing every year and this year is really blossoming. I am so thrilled at his developmental growth. I want to tell you to keep going! No matter what! Faith is what kept me going over the last 5 years after my son's diagnosis. I remember the blood, sweat, tears and endless research very vividly. I just received this in his folder yesterday from School. This is only a part of what he is doing

now-a-days. This is what he wrote with some help about Thanksgiving. Last year we were lucky to even get him to write a short sentance! I am a mom who is VERY Thankful! Davey helps clean up, likes to help me do things, picks things up off the floor if something falls. And he wants to make sure I have a snack with him when he has a snack. He still has a few quarks and gets irritable when we allow him to vear off from the diet. But over-all, I am very thankful for where he is now. It's worth turning every stone to find answers for your child!!!!! Yours, n Parent to Parent for Autism - Resource Website

n, Great to see such progress indeed! Very happy to hear about Davey...and it does fill me also with hope for my little one. Keep the stories coming! Have a great holiday season! BARBARA COINER <barbcoiner@...> wrote: n,I can imagine how proud you were to see what he had written. Everything they do means so much especially when you can see the progress they make! Keep it going and bless you and your family this holiday season.Barb ----- Original Message ----From: Barbara Rutt Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:45:48 AMSubject: Re: [ ] Hope for our children with autism.n:I want to thank

you for sharing your wonderful story about Davey. I think we (us parents) need to continue to share stories such as yours, these successes help keep us going and renews our faith that no matter what we are told, we believe our children have potential and when we continually work and gently push our children to reach for the moon, how many stars will they be able to get along the way. Take care and everyone have a safe and peaceful holiday season, Barb Rutt 1@wmconnect .com wrote:I had to share this with you all. My 9 year old son has Autism and is recovering. There is so much hope for our children with autism. I remember the blackboard being completely erased of my son's life when he was diagnosed with autism and I had to re-build not knowing what I could expect. I honestly felt like a person running a hurdle race with a blindfold on. In short, my son has been progressing every year and this year is really blossoming. I am so thrilled

at his developmental growth. I want to tell you to keep going! No matter what! Faith is what kept me going over the last 5 years after my son's diagnosis. I remember the blood, sweat, tears and endless research very vividly. I just received this in his folder yesterday from School. This is only a part of what he is doing now-a-days. This is what he wrote with some help about Thanksgiving. Last year we were lucky to even get him to write a short sentance! I am a mom who is VERY Thankful! Davey helps clean up, likes to help me do things, picks things up off the floor if something falls. And he wants to make sure I have a snack with him when he has a snack. He still has a few quarks and gets irritable when we allow him to vear off from the diet. But over-all, I am very thankful for where he is now. It's worth turning every stone to find answers for your child!!!!! Yours, n Parent to Parent for Autism - Resource Website