RemedySpot.com

RECIPES for the WEEK 12/14 Have a SC Diet Weekend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Poached Fish with Pomegranate Sauce 3 to 4 pounds trout (enough for 6 to 8 people) Salt to taste Ground black pepper to taste 5 tbs butter or olive oil About 1 cup pomegranate sauce (recipe below) 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds or chopped fresh parsley for garnish Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Sprinkle the fish with the salt and pepper - inside and out - and place in the baking dish. Close the fish and drizzle with the butter or oil. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake about 20 minutes. Transfer the fish to a serving platter and drizzle with the pomegranate sauce. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds and/or parsley. Pomegranate

Sauce 4 to 5 medium pomegranates 2 tbs minced shallot2 tbs chopped fresh basil 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander 1 clove garlic, minced Put the seeds into a food processor, then strain out the hard white kernals and "stuff". Put a little oil or butter in a pan. Saute the shallot until wilted. Add garlic - then everything else except the pomegranate juice after a couple minutes. Add the pomegranate juice and boil until reduced to half. Let cool. (p.s. Be careful to reduce the pomegranate juice until it is thick... ) Ellen Chana's Birthday Cake: 8

eggs 1 stick butter, (1/2 cup) softened 1 tb. vanilla 1 cup coconut flour 1 cup honey 1 tsp. baking soda 3 generous tbls. SCD yogurt Mix very thoroughly. I mix it in a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer for about five minutes, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides. Preheat oven to 325. Butter 2 cake pans well, and line with wax paper (otherwise, I've found the cakes impossible to get out without ripping). Bake approx. 30 minutes, until evenly brown on top and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on racks and frost :) Ellen "Real" Frosting: 8 ozs. Spectrum Organic 100 % Palm Oil shortening http://www.digestivewellness.com/itempage-1857-24-18-1662.html 1 stick butter, (1/2 cup) softened (I use salted) 1 cup honey 1 tb. vanilla If not adding the optional ingreds. below, I put in a tsp. of pure orange extract. Mix all ingredients, preferably in a heavy-duty stand mixer. I put my Kitchen-Aid on level 4 for five minutes. At 5 minutes I scrape the sides and let it go for another

minute or two. For pink frosting: add 2-3 tbl. beet juice (water beets have cooked in. Unsalted!!!!) For mocha frosting: dissolve 1 tbl. instant coffee in a small amount of warm water. This makes a fairly large amount of frosting. I frosted the middle, top and sides of a two-layer cake and have enough left to do a one-layer cake. It was dd's birthday party yesterday and I made a cake that looked and tasted like, well, like a cake that 11 girls snapped up b/c it was good, not b/c they "felt sorry" for my dd (last year's nut cake fiasco....). Ellen in Boston KOSHER Ellen"ZagorskyGoldberg" zagorskygoldberg@... MASSKosherSCD/http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm KosherSCD/messages scdrecipe_creators/ KosherSCD Chicken Soup Need to strain out everything you cook in it. Keep thechicken and carrots, throw out the other ingredients. Fill half way with legs and thighs, then addsome carrots, celery, garlic cloves, and large piecesof onion. You can add salt I prefer to add salt atthe end. You can also use single ground spices likesage by McCormick. I then add 2 cups of water for my 4quart crockpot. Make sure you have about an inch ofheadroom. I cook on low for 8-9 hours. A lot of watershould cook out of the chicken and vegetables but keepan eye on it the first time you

make it.You can then remove the chicken from the bones and save it for another time if you want to use the stock separately.. Same rules apply need to put in enough water to cover your ingredients. B. "S Bridges" slbridges@... "HEALING SOUP!"Does the thought of making your own soup seem overwhelming? It did to me at first, and when I did try, the watery result wasn't encouraging! But read on! I have picked up tips to make a tasty soup and, with practice, it is now much easier and a joy as I have seen the tangible health benefits to me and my son.How?Cover meat on the bone or just bones with water and simmer for 3 hours or more. (For chicken soup, a whole bird or pieces - legs or thighs make tasty stock.) Add chopped carrots, one or two large onions, a few stalks of celery

and some parsley or bay leaves. Season with salt and black pepper (if you tolerate it).Strain stock through a colander and return meat to the stock if desired and/or vegetables (if tolerated) to make soup. You can also puree them for a thicker soup. (If you have trouble digesting vegetables, try just peeled carrots first - the other vegetables and herbs are higher in fibre and may be too hard to digest initially. Whether or not you eat the actual vegetables, you will still benefit from the important healing and detoxifying substances extracted from them.)Enjoy stock just as it is with, or between meals. You can use it as the base for soups, adding any combination of available vegetables including, for example, slices of cooked beetroot. Either leave it 'lumpy' or blend for a thick soup. You can add chopped garlic near the end (the less you cook it, the better) and serve with fresh chopped herbs such as parsley,

dill or coriander and a spoonful of live natural yoghurt.TipsThe longer you simmer the soup the tastier it gets - why not leave it on all day if you're in at home? The ratio of bones/meat to water also helps to determine how tasty the final product will be.When cool, refrigerate the stock and it will keep for 3-5 days or more depending on the stiffness of the set jelly. (When it starts going a bit liquid, it's starting to go off!) You can freeze it in portions then reheat and add water to taste. If you simmer stock until it's thick, you can freeze it into homemade 'stock cubes' to use to flavour dishes.Leftover bones from chicken, lamb, beef, turkey, goose, game, etc make excellent stock! Browning bones and/or meat in the oven beforehand adds flavour. Why not keep a bag in the freezer and make soup when you have enough to fill a large pan?You can also make stock from whole fish, or fish heads, fins and

bones. Simmer for about 2 hours with salt and peppercorns. Cook and puree vegetables for a thick soup or sauce for a fish dish.Why?Bone stock has been known as a health remedy for centuries and chicken soup has been nicknamed 'Jewish Penicillin'; it is consumed on a weekly basis as part of the Sabbath meal. In most cultures, stock made from bones is consumed daily in flavourful soups, broths and sauces, and used to be in this country. Its demise, owing to the use of convenience food, has coincided with the increasing incidence of many health problems. Bone stock is used with effect for many disorders, including flu, digestive disorders, anaemia, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and even cancer. Stock contains nourishing minerals and extractions from meat, bone, cartilage, collagen and marrow, available as easily digestible electrolytes. The gelatine, which makes the stock set, has been demonstrated to

improve the absorption of other nutrients thanks to its hydrophilic colloids. Fish stock is rich in minerals, and iodine and thyroid hormone that benefit the thyroid gland. If you find stock too rich initially, try simmering meat alone to make a nourishing broth.In our experience, chicken stock has a strong anti-microbial effect, which may cause temporary die-off symptoms as harmful bacteria and yeasts are killed, eg diarrhoea, eczema, rhinitis, etc. If this gets too overwhelming, reduce the quantity and frequency of consumption. Traditionally, nettles were cooked with chicken stock. Nettles contain a natural anti-histamine and lessen the die-off reaction, they promote detoxification and are rich in minerals, including iron and vitamin C. Having bone stock on a daily or frequent basis will help to protect you and your family from many health problems. susan.c.white@... from UK

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.