RemedySpot.com

Re: Hello, New to the Group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

Great to meet you online! Sounds really great with all the interventions for your son. I'm sure this is why he is doing so well. Lately most all children have negative behaviors due to being home indoors. Usually because windows are closed homes can become more stuffy during winter months. If you've studied biochemistry than you might know that toxins tend to build up and can cause different types of problems, for me I get tired much more in the winter, my son becomes more hyper, I've heard that children are opposite where if you feel tired your children will be more active, (I don't know the reason for that). Once he is back in school in an environment that has continuious air circulation he will likely get back to the way he was a few weeks ago.

About the B-12 shots; it's likely the time off from school for the behaviors, see if he gets back to the way he was before changing anything yet. B-12 is very good for our autistic children. I use transdurmal B-12 myself and for my son. Consult the doctor if things get worse or doesn't get better after a few days after going back to school.

Schools, my son's school system was very good at listening to my concerns and when my son was in Kindergarten they called in PEP Assist to assess my son's needs and make recommendations. Also the Achievement Centers for Children (ACC) are of the best places for our children as they specialize in autism, they do a lot of sensory based education. ACC can also come to a district school and assess your child's needs and give recommendations. My son's school has used them when my son was in second grade.

Have you seen the school list from the site? ACC schools are listed on that list as well as the other schools.

Sounds like you're doing a great job! Keep going!

Yours Most Truly,

n

In a message dated 1/6/08 9:36:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, jasonsaksa@... writes:

Hello All,

My name is . My wife and I have been members for some time but have yet to post. We are truly inspired by all of your hard work and commitment to helping your children and grandchildren. It is nice to know that there is so much dedication and advocacy out there for our kids.

Our son is almost 6 and has been diagnosed on the spectrum since 18 mos. His story is long like I am sure many of yours. In summary he is currently recieving speech and occupational therapy. He goes to 2 schools, 1 with all typical peers and 1 special needs (MEEC). He receives home tutoring and attends social groups held by Steps and Western Reserve. He has been seen twice by Pfiefer Clinic in Chicago and is on nutritional supplements (pro biotics, Omega 3-6, antioxidants, and specific compounded vitamins). We have been through allergy testing at Osteo Med and has gone through 3 MRIs and numerous blood tests. He also attends music therapy once a week which he loves. We are on the Autism Scholarship program and are currently looking for Kindergarden placement. He is very bright and I guess would be considered more high functioning.

I have a couple questions to any parents out there that may have advice. We have been giving B-12 injections for about 7 months. Has anyone else had any experience with these shots? I am curious to know any changes or effects any of your children might have had. I am not sure they making a difference and wondering if they are actually causing some of his more recent negative behaviors.

Also, any advice on good schools out there for Kindergarden? We are looking at Billiard, Medina Christian Academy, and possibly taking him off the schloarship and going to Parma City Schools (really don't want to do that though). Any help would be appreciated.

Finally, if anyone has any questions about Osteo Med, Middleburg Early Education Center, Pfiffer Clinic, Royalton Music, Steps, Barrie Galvin & Assoc., Western Reserve, or Monarch Home Program, we might be able to lend some advice.

Thanks,

Hi Kellie,

http://milestones.org/resources_socialgroups.htm has a comprehensive list of social skills groups. Inner Health Ministries http://ihmretreat.org/afterschool/class_buildingbehaviors.php is not on the Milestones list yet, but is worth checking out. There's also a list of recreation programs at the Milestonse site as well.

Theresa

_____________________________________________________________Stop foreclosure. Click here to stay in your home and rebuild credit.